Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Other finds where I stumbled on the 1827 penny. Possibly a pre civil war camp.

Posted by Scubadetector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Other finds where I stumbled on the 1827 penny. Possibly a pre civil war camp.
November 22, 2011 02:07AM
Looks like a friend and I stumbled on a pre civil war camp. Not finding a lot except nails so far but what we have found seems promising. My first coin find was a 1827 large cent. His is a 1839 Brittish Shilling. His trench dagger is the most interesting find. From pictures it looks to be from 1750 - 1780. Picked up the lady with 4 nail holes in it. Not sure what she was. Also the lock and a bunch of unfired musket balls. Some still have the lead from where it was poured into the mold attached and all seem to be not cast right. Every time we go out we hit something new and have yet to put our machines on all metal. I have found a button but it is only a lead one with a bar in the middle. Hope to find something very definitive soon. The horseshoe still has 2 nails in it. These finds were all from the last 2 weeks. Please enjoy!!

Re: Other finds where I stumbled on the 1827 penny. Possibly a pre civil war camp.
November 22, 2011 03:49AM
Scuba, do you have pics of those awesome finds?
Re: Other finds where I stumbled on the 1827 penny. Possibly a pre civil war camp.
November 22, 2011 04:14AM
I think it shows all of the picts but one. It does when I open it!! Here is one musket ball and the lady with 4 nail holes in it. I did find a lead button right next to the lady. Is it possible she came off a wood box with sewing stuff? LOL interesting.

November 22, 2011 04:31AM
Duhhhhh!!!! I had my images function turned off.........sheepish grin!!!
Nice stuff....especially the lady's head...very unusual. But the $50.00 bill looks historically suspect....LOL
November 22, 2011 04:59AM
Tera.....I disagree. The 50 dollar bill looks authentic to me. I mean, wasn't Grant in the Civil War ! HA !

Go low n slow at that site Scuba....and dig everything. I know the nails are a pain, but ya never know.
November 22, 2011 05:11AM
LOL that 50 might not be an antique just yet , BUT the way our government is going, It will possibly become less valuable than that dropped musket ball!!
November 22, 2011 10:30AM
LOL...Rover...done in by your 'unique' logic. And I think I better start looking for musketballs after this weeks doom & gloom news.
November 22, 2011 01:54PM
Got that right Scuba....time for me to hit the beaches in search of gold and silver. We just need a good coastal storm here in NJ to erode some sand away.
November 22, 2011 03:08PM
Just luv this forum and have to admit some of you guys are quite sharp and nothing gets by for sure...

Next time use a ruler to indicate size comes to mind....Good laugh.good forum and a wife of 47 years that makes good coffee(priceless)....