Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Iron falsing

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Iron falsing
December 06, 2011 01:49AM
If you have your disc setting at 22 and sensitivity at 99 and threshold at 9 plus sounds set at 4 will any high falsing from iron that is discriminated out still give you the high that you get when iron is not discriminated out. It would seem to me it would because the false high from iron is in the higher frequencies. Of course I could test that by detecting the iron that is giving me a high false and then disc it out and sweep it and see if it works. I seem to get a lot of high chirps when I disc out iron at a 22 disc setting and wonder if that is what I am hearing on my F70
Re: Iron falsing
December 06, 2011 10:15AM
You're not discriminating out iron, you're discriminating out things that target ID below 22. If a lump of iron, or coke, or anything else, causes a false high-90's ID, it won't be discriminated out.
December 06, 2011 10:55AM
Well-said, Pimento.

Steve
December 06, 2011 01:21PM
Exactly !!.....I went thru this on my E Trac .....I ened up not only having to discriminate out the iron on the low end of the spectrum , but also had to discriminate the extreme high end also ..... You basically have to look at the ACTUAL item you are wanting to discriminate out ..... You could also go visa versa ...You could discrimate out the falsing tones , and leave the iron to sound ....This way you would have less problems hearing the good target near the iron when hunting with a smaller coil , and would not be fooled by falsing signals thinking they are good targets ..... This is good when hunting trashy area's where there is a lot of iron in the ground and you get a bunch of falsing going on ....Jim

BTW ...I'm not familiar with the discriminating features on the F70 , so I can't really help you there ....I'm only speaking in general terms ....and how it pertained to me with my ETrac