Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Advertising experts

Posted by frnifo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Advertising experts
December 08, 2011 12:41PM
The Staffordshire hoard was actually found with a Whites machine.

Does this vid give you that impression ?

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Advertising experts
December 08, 2011 05:13PM
???.....does it really matter...the previous big England find was made with a entry level Tesoro....heck he could have discovered it by eyeballing when plowing and then a followup with the obvious company that made the video....who knows or for that matter who cares as in my neck of the woods may be some hidden treasures but none this old....
December 08, 2011 05:17PM
As an addendum just read some product reports and you will see marketting at its best best where they accentuate the obvious plus and downplay the obvious minus....features.....
December 08, 2011 07:11PM
The text below the video only mention an Explorer II. ???

EMS
December 08, 2011 07:44PM
The point was to show that some will do anything to use advertising to their advantage in marketing. The first find was done with a Whites Spectrum from the 90s.

Does it matter ? No, not really. Not to me cause i know the facts. Maybe Ken White feel otherwise ? Maybe he get a big laugh ? Does it show that Minelab struggles in the development department and needs some advertising boost ? Who knows.

Does it say something about other advertising from Minelab needs to be taken with a grain of salt too.

Sure do, lol.
December 08, 2011 09:02PM
Whites could have gone the extra step to interview the guy......Minelab jumped right on it. The old saying "to make money, you have to spend money". Advertising is a must.
December 09, 2011 01:52AM
They acknowledge it was initially found with "another" brand detector and then he came back with a Minelab. That's the truth isn't it???

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie