Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New detector

Posted by John 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New detector
December 08, 2011 05:41PM
Just wanted to thank all of you for your time when answering my questions. And after all that, I decided to go completely with a different machine. I couldnt help it, Ive been wanting to try this machine for several years now, so I gave in,lol.
I ordered an ETrac with an extra X8 Sunline Coil and will get the 5 a bit later once I get my feet on the ground. Dont want to really get into some nasty spots of mine until I feel comfortable with the machine.
Anyway, this is my first top of the line machine, I still like Whites and later I will try Teknetics, but if I do, I think I wanna give the Omega a go.
Thanks once again, I really like this forum, you guys really are laid back and give truthful info thats worked for you with no feelings getting hurt.
John
PS, Ive had Andys book for two years now,lol.
Re: New detector
December 08, 2011 09:16PM
You know you picked a good unit John. I think it's easier to learn and use than the Explorers. Some old time Explorer users feel betrayed by Minelab for the invent of the E-trac and the straightining out of the "S" curve.
Re: New detector
December 09, 2011 11:46AM
John,
Good Luck with your E Trac .....Don't get intimidated by the amount of options you have using it ....You will find that you will be setting up presets for each area that you detect in and it will be more or less a "turn on and go " type machine with very few button presses .... There are a LOT of parameters that can be adjusted to suit your needs ....Again , move along slowly and use the factory made presets to get your feet wet ..... The E Trac is my GO TO machine for dry land by far !!.....It covers so many bases and does so many things well and is not only a deep seeking machine, but the best discriminating machine out there on the market ......Good Luck with it .....Sincerely, Jim