Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Talk about making it hard to have good coil control

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Talk about making it hard to have good coil control
December 12, 2011 10:45PM
Check out this new Bounty hunter in camo....They even made the coil camo....!!!!!!

I myself have always favored a White coil....But they are slowly becoming a thing of the past...Now we have a camo coil....

Talk about not being able to concentrate on you coil sweep technique ....Well it might be O.K. on a sugar white sand beach LOL!!!

The white coils always seemed to make you concentrate more and had better visibility in low light condition's,,Plus was less prone to heat problem's...but the newer coils are pretty much dead on drift free and mostly black now a day's...but now a Camo Coil!!!

Guess it could be good for some stealth hunting...??? Or just looking good...!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope the dont make Tek's with camo coil's

Keith
Re: Talk about making it hard to have good coil control
December 12, 2011 11:20PM
Looks great Keith. I kinda like the camo look. I always wondered why you could not pick your color. I played around with airbrush painting for a while and started to get it all back out. Just to customize my units. I think a nice snake skin shaft would be cool looking.

Tom in SC
December 13, 2011 12:26AM
I don't know, the camo dosen't seem to go with a decector, and I like camo. Snake skin? that's funny tmanly, that's a kind of snakes camo.
December 13, 2011 12:34AM
Could be like a hand held probe..... put it down and not be able to see it if you walk away lol

Dew
December 13, 2011 03:47AM
No...no...no......you gotta airbrush some awesome flame patterns on that coil.......60's retro stylesmiling smiley
December 13, 2011 02:10PM
Coils...designs etc. equate to more sales. Ever see those fancy fish lures with eyes and colors of the rainbow...do they attract the fish or the buyer?

In any case one wonders why white coils went the way of the dodo bird.

Word of caution keep one eye on the coil and the other on your surroundings as varmits both 2 and 4 legged can be dangerous and for gosh sakes stay out of the woods with those camoflage ones in hunting season lest we loose a forum member or three...
December 13, 2011 03:34PM
I don't know... maybe it's my age, but I still like the old solid white or black coils. Thinking about it... I also like the bright yellow coils found on some of the beach detectors. Maybe I should paint my search coils yellow or florescent orange? smiling smiley
December 13, 2011 07:46PM
I love the camo pattern on a detector (actually, I love the camo pattern on about anything...guess my redneck side is showing through! smiling smiley )

Steve
December 13, 2011 08:36PM
How Ted Nugent's black & white Zebra Stripe pattern he used on his trucks and everything else. I think that would look good.

Rick