Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold prices

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold prices
December 18, 2011 02:20PM
According to this gold is going to take a dive or at least its going to scare some into thinking twice about investing. [news.yahoo.com] Looks like any of my gold finds are going in a box or if sent in to ARA will be held for a better market price. Think the bottom will ever fall out again?

Dew
Re: Gold prices
December 18, 2011 03:09PM
Old story money in real estate so get a "lot" when your young..

Seriously if selling or buying shop around and you will be surprised at the differences from individual to individual.

My sons better half just made a killing selling her old jewelry as she bought low and years later sold high..

Speculative at best and those with the inside track know when to buy or sell and wish I hadn't given most of my rings away to relatives and friends rather than give them away years ago for poor meltdown prices and would have made a killing myself but looking back sometimes the smiles and thank you's outweigh the profit.

I do know with gold prices water units are really selling and gold jewelry is getting tougher to find at the swimming beachs and local freshwater holes...
Re: Gold prices
December 20, 2011 04:46PM
My very "not a financial person by trade" opinion is that if the meltdown gets worse in Europe, money may flee to the "relative safety" (emphasis on the quotation marks!!) of the U.S. Dollar, which would drive gold prices down....for now........

Steve