Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

teknetics surf & turf ???????

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
teknetics surf & turf ???????
January 14, 2012 01:51AM
sure wish i had the money to take a gamble on these!!!!
[www.ebay.com]

mike scott or tom, do you know anything about this older model?
Re: teknetics surf & turf ???????
January 14, 2012 02:34AM
I would spend my money on 'less risky' unit(s).
January 14, 2012 09:01AM
Wow i have never seen one but its making me hungry.
January 14, 2012 02:05PM
Wow oldies but goodies...if I remember correctly the were super heavy, had impressive depth and were tough on batteries. Only ever saw one being sold used at a planted hunt by a vendor and that was years ago and was a old unit then so would venture to say its from the 80's. I am with Tom on this one as imagine parts would be tough to find and well would spend my money on a newer unit....
January 14, 2012 06:33PM
if i had the money to burn i would snatch them up! yes, parts would be an issue!!!!
January 15, 2012 01:31PM
More interesting reading about them:
[compass-metal-detector-forum.548136.n2.nabble.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 15, 2012 02:20PM
Thanks Sven for the data...took a while to jog my memory but understand there was a problem with many as they leaked which led to their demise and this vendor actually stated could only be used on land for this reason..also understand many in for repair were lost when the original tecknetics-bounty hunter went under.Guesstimate around 85-86 age wise so personally would take this into consideration before bidding on E-bay....
Footnote: in their era were the deepest detector to be had...
January 16, 2012 12:32AM
The seller is a Compass forum member he made a post regarding the two units in another thread about batteries----

".........you must be talking about the Tek S/T I had that needed an external battery pack. I lost interest in it and it is actually on Feepay right now. The previous owner lost the custom made battery pack and I wanted to get one from Keith Wills. Keith's been busy and I just decided to scrap the whole project."

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 16, 2012 04:23AM
Good old Keith Willis. Send a machine to him and forget all about it because your not going to be seeing it for at least 6 months.