Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

fisher cz-5

Posted by SEMPERFI61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
fisher cz-5
November 28, 2008 07:00PM
just bought a nice cz-5.having some problems:donot know if this normal.was checking the unit out i put coins on the ground---penny,nickle,dime,quarter.when i hit on any coin and move the coil,sometimes it stays on the coin and other times the needle goes and pegs out all way to dollar sign.even when i hit iron i get the low tone which is not as loud as coin tone,and when i move the coil from the iron the needle goes and pegs out at the dollar sign??is this normal.its suppose to have three tone but only hear two tones??need some feed back please.thanks.

bill
Re: fisher cz-5
November 30, 2008 11:25AM
Try some chewing gum foil and a soda tab off of a aluminum can.... and see if this gives you a mid-tone. The meter will always stay locked onto the last tone heard. If you pass over a penny and the coil is never passed over another object..... the needle will stay locked onto the "high coins" icon (the dime/quarter/half/dollar & copper penny icon). If you hear the slightest of audio response AFTER the coil has passed over a coin...... that 'slightest audio response' will dictate what the meter will read.

Tom
Re: fisher cz-5
December 01, 2008 10:42AM
thanks tom will give it a try.

bill