Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deep wheatie

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deep wheatie
February 07, 2012 04:12PM
I was detecting in my front yard the other day and not getting much signals since I have cleaned my yard pretty completely of many finds with my F70. The soil was a little drier then what it has been, I got a very strong signal on my detector and dug up a wheatie at 9 inches. It sure makes a big difference on the amount of moisture in the ground. I guess this is a good indicater of one of the reasons you never find it all. .
Re: Deep wheatie
February 07, 2012 05:34PM
Gotta be happy with that depth. 9 inches is a deep hole when you look down into it....from a detectorists perspective that is.
Re: Deep wheatie
February 07, 2012 07:49PM
Sort of a two edged sword if the moisture makes the coins more conductive it make the trash also for further masking.

Personally although sometimes wet and messy nice to go out after a thunder storm but indeed just might be enough to get that one nice coin you missed last time and easier digging in wet ground is a plus also.

Read some stories some units actually go deeper in dryer conditions especially the 1266 but not an avid user of one so have no personal knowledge.

Indeed 9-10 inches is deep and tough to do in rocky soil....