Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEL Sharpshooter coil...

Posted by christopher-ohio 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NEL Sharpshooter coil...
February 11, 2012 02:21PM
There has been a lot of interest as of late of this coil line....alot of talk on the european and MLO site for good reason. I have had all three and the sharpshooter is my favorite overall:
-Nice size and shape...you feel like you are getting good coverage unlike the 5 inch "hockey puck" size coils...
-Very lightweight and easy to swing, doesn't get caught up alot
-Excellent depth and target separation
-Minimal apparent EMI intereference compared to the larger Hunter and even larger Tornado coil especially
-Minimal iron falsing with spot on ID
-Reasonable price even with the shipping cost of $25 from the Ukraine;still less than a Sunray X-5 coil... which is a great coil especially in the heaviest trash and iron-I have and use both... so needed for the heavy iron laden old sites I hunt
Sometime will have to do head to head testing to see the differences-keep it scientific and objective trying to further the understanding of different shape coils and advance the hobby a bit more hopefully
Re: NEL Sharpshooter coil...
February 11, 2012 03:32PM
I have been using the Sharpshooter coil on my E-Trac works well at seperation and pinpointing is right on. I also have the X5 & X8 Sunray and fell with more testing the Sharpshooter can do the job of both of these coils and get more bang for your buck. Only my opinion!
Re: NEL Sharpshooter coil...
February 11, 2012 05:30PM
I've been considering that NEL sharpshooter for a long time now however, Ive done and continue to do really well w both of those SunRay coils and would really NEED some conclusive proof to justify getting another coil.
Looking forward to your results.
another nel coil source
February 11, 2012 06:21PM
Iron mask on the minelab owners forum is a guy you can buy these coils thru, and for a bit cheaper than ebay. his email is escotty77@hotmail.com . I hope he doesn't mind me putting his contact info here.