Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Have a cz70 pro with 3 coils on the way. want to

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Have a cz70 pro with 3 coils on the way. want to
February 12, 2012 03:59PM
compare it before digging the target to the E-trac.. found 1888 dime the other day in a local park with the ET..
Re: Have a cz70 pro with 3 coils on the way. want to
February 12, 2012 05:06PM
Sonny...what pattern were you using when you found the 1888 ( and coil size ) ? I am finding that when using the Sunray X-5, in the standard coin pattern in trashy spots, when I hit a marginal type target, I switch over the Quick Mask ( only first 2 lines blanked) to get a better idea what the target could be. Some deeper coins were popping and spitting in the coin pattern, but came through clearer after checking in Quick Mask.

Wondering how you are hunting with the E-Trac since I am also trying to compare the E-Trac vs Cz's in different hunting situations. Only situation I won't compare is wet, salt sand. Not because the E-Trac can't handle it ( I already hunted there with it and found 2 gold targets). It's just that I don't want it exposed to that environment when I have other units to hunt that type of ground.

Thanks !
February 12, 2012 05:23PM
I was using the minelab coin program sens plus 3 and using the standard coil. i have the 8 and 5 inch sunray... also. Hunting in a park that has been hunted very very much. I personally think the ET is very hard to beat as far as hunting silver..
February 12, 2012 08:50PM
Boy there has been a rash of CZ-70 pro's for sale lately! A couple weeks ago you couldn't find one. When it rains it pours! Let us know Sonny if it is one of the Hot ones you can run up to 6 sens. with out falsing.
February 12, 2012 08:55PM
Was that the one on Findsmall??
February 12, 2012 10:13PM
yes found it on findmall with 3 coils.. hope it is a HOT one....
February 13, 2012 03:08AM
Hi Sonny,

I hope you got a good one.

When you get it, would you do me a favor and air test a nickel? I'm trying to validate my CZ 70's performance. My silver and zinc air test wonderful. They maintain proper id at distance. But my nickel doesn't. It holds a nickel high tone out to about 6", then moves to the tab category for the rest of the distance. Just want to see if that is a normal occurrence.

Thanks,
Mike
February 13, 2012 03:51AM
Just a fact of life...everybody talks about silver but don't expect any super depth on a nickle and if you notice air testers never use a nickle with CZ's.....Certainly confuses me as most hand held pinpointers go the deepest on the nickle. With 5 and 15 frequencies one would think this would not be the case but it is ...
Come to think of it Explorers are not depth demons on nickles either...one wonders why????

Heck Tesoro's are not usually depth demons but certainly are comparable on depth with nickles to the above units and in most case hotter on gold jewelry....

Guess that why we need more than one unit in our arsenal depending on what you are looking for....
February 13, 2012 11:41AM
Mike, will be happy to test for you....I so hope that I got a goood one...Time will tell. Still think the ET will do better on silver as I found 3 silver dimes yesterday in the same park that the 1888 dime came from. also found 2 rings, one being silver and the other was a wedding band, but junk.. I seem to find silver in hunted out places , Found a walking liberty half in the same park using the small 5 inch coil that was only about 4 inches deep, but in heavy trash. that was last year....will update you very soon
February 13, 2012 01:51PM
Many brands of detectors (CZ's not immune) will 'up-average' the ID of fringe-detection-range (air-test especially noticeable) targets. When a copper penny or silver coin starts to 'up-average' on a detector.......... what will be the ID??? (!!!) >>> When a nickel 'up-averages'...... what will be the ID??? (!!!)
February 13, 2012 03:30PM
I don't know on all CZ-3D's,But mine will up the average on higher conducter coins like the copper and silver. But lower the average on nickels the deeper it gets in air test. As far as nickel depth next to a CZ the E-trac is probally one of the best older nickel machines out there. You just have to run a more open screen than stock like the one Andy Sabisch suggest's in his book.Many claim it is hotter on older nickels than the older Explorer models.
wjs
February 13, 2012 03:40PM
I agree with you Harold and think the Etrac may even be a little better because of the way you can customize it. Both the Etrac and the CZ's are awesome detectors.