Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ-3D

Posted by fisher cz-3d 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher CZ-3D
February 15, 2012 02:39AM
The goods are still there .................Go get a 1021 CZ-3D and find the goodies!!! GREAT VIDEO!!!!!!!...

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Fisher CZ-3D
February 15, 2012 03:48AM
If memory serves me correctly, the hunter is using a NON-1021 3D...it s First Texas one. This video is one of the best instructional videos showing how to utilize a 3D in a semi-trash filled park, digging only the deep, softer repeatable high tones.

The mid-tone, high tone bounce on one of the Indian head pennies was a good lesson.

Gotta get me one of those Raptor 31 Predator digging tools !
February 15, 2012 01:07PM
Good video capture. I question the calibration of that CZ-3D...... as the IH's should have ID'd 'high-coin' in the enhanced mode....... unless the coins were on edge.
February 15, 2012 03:25PM
That is a First Texas CZ-3D as he posted that on the Findmall forum. It still gave enough of a high tone bounce to dig. That is what I love about CZ-3D's and will always have one in my arsenal!
What pinpointer was he using??
February 16, 2012 08:30PM
Couldnt tell for sure. Nice finds. Makes me want to get out with my 3D!!
wjs
February 17, 2012 12:56AM
Pistol probe
Thanks!!
February 17, 2012 04:59PM
I need to get a decent pinpointer for those rare occasions when I go detecting. Havent been very active the last several yrs. Its heck getting oldersmiling smiley)
Re: Thanks!!
February 17, 2012 05:44PM
Try to stay away from the in-line probes. Keep it separate from the detector. (Many reasons).
Oh boy
February 17, 2012 09:25PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try to stay away from the in-line probes. Keep it
> separate from the detector. (Many reasons).
February 18, 2012 12:50AM
Tom, could you explain a little more about in line probes.
I use Dectector Pro Uniprobe pinpointer with all my detectors.
I hope there is no danger of damaging any of my machines.
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 12:51AM by dirtdiver.
February 18, 2012 03:01AM
Additional EMI (silent EMI or audible EMI) can enter the additional length of cable.... to include the device and switchbox.
Sometimes a slight impedance differential can be induced..... ever-so-slightly reducing overall performance.
Should a problem occur.... you will need to troubleshoot to find out if the detector is faulty...... or the probe.
Makes unit heavier to swing the entire mass all day. (Some folks have health issues with heavy units).
If you have more than one detector........... a independent probe is the better choice..... vs ...... one probe per unit.

The list goes on.
February 19, 2012 09:21PM
so I have a sunray probe on my cz-3d 1021...should I remove it and get a hand held.....really?? thanks
February 20, 2012 01:14AM
Interesting info on the inline probes, thanks Tom!!