Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Today's finds with F-75SE (stock 11" coil)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Today's finds with F-75SE (stock 11" coil)
February 16, 2012 05:23AM
Got permission from a farmer to hunt a cow pasture where I saw buttercups springing out of the ground. Buttercups seem to be, at least so far, a good indicator of an old homeplace and it proved right today. I turned on the F75 and began moving towards the buttercups. When I got within 20 yards of them the F75 began indicating a steady machine-gun fire type iron audio indicating a nail bed. I pinpointed and dug a couple of the signals and sure enough: SQUARE NAILS. Here are a few of the non-ferrous targets pulled from there today. It was esy hunting as the cows had everything but the buttercups cropped close. I could scrub the ground with the coil. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I will get a chance to swing the F75 with the 5 inch coil over this old homplace and pull some silver. There is one small button that says PHOENIX on it. It is the small button in the lower middle. The small cuff button in the upper middle is a World War 1 with backmark: NY CITY BUTTONWORKS.
The larger round piece with the tri-swirl design appears to possibly be a bridle rosette but that's a wild guess and wishful thinking. The button that really stumps me is the one on the left with a Gladiators head and the word: ROMA XXVI stamed on it. Didn't find much info on it other than a couple of other detectorists have posted pics of them on other boards in times past. All I know is that it's an old button. There is also an old rimfire casing measuring .382 inches diameter. I thought that was interesting. Also, three wheat cents from the fifties. I was hoping for Indianheads but I'll take what I can get. Besides, it ain't over until the 5 inch coil sings. LOL Happy Hunting
Re: Today's finds with F-75SE (stock 11" coil)
February 16, 2012 07:04AM
Very nice, Kevin -- and smart use of indicators (your buttercups) to lead you to even better indicators (square nails) and eventually, to the rewards! Just like following a treasure map to find the buried treasure! smiling smiley

Steve
February 16, 2012 10:48PM
I would go back there for sure. And I wouldn't give up just yet with the 11" coil either. Likely one should find a silver coin or two' especially since you found the buttons. One or more of those look like high conductors so area probably hasn't been hit in a while, if ever. Just curious, what were your settings? I just got a F75se and I think I'm understanding it pretty will as far as the discriminate side of the house. Need to read up on the all metal side. Nice finds for sure!
February 17, 2012 04:34AM
Nice finds Kevin funny just tonight before dark i dug a similar medallion (Italy?) it says: annosanto 1975 roma on the reverse-on the front-paulvs vi pont. maximvs with a relief of pope paul?