Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got My Video!

Posted by diggerdan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got My Video!
December 24, 2008 01:55AM
Today. Watched it twice already. Great job, Tom! What I liked the most was the genuine smile you had when you found a 'keeper'. The one thing that sticks out was how you located the find w/ the edge of your coil after digging the plug. Never knew or heard of that one before but sure can/will put it to use. Also, decided I need to dig more mid-tones.

I had a lot of time in w/ my CZ-6, and somewhere along the line got into the habit of just setting the coil where I suspected the object to be and then pushing the pin point button. I know there's a reason you come in from the side, but am not sure what it is. My theory was I'd maybe come across metal disc'ed out doing it that way.

Well worth the price of admission, lol. Thank-you. My area of Arkansas is fairly rocky, [+ is a slow sink rate] I am jealous of your Florida dirt!
Re: Got My Video!
December 24, 2008 02:21PM
Glad you got the DVD before Christmas. Do NOT be jealous of Florida's soft soil. On average, the 1962 strata of dirt (at present time) is 9.5" deep. The video was shot in an area (on a hill) where the sink-rate was tremendously slow. Yes, I ever-so-strongly recommend digging mid-tones....... especially the deeper ones in old areas.

I am a minimalist......and do not like to carry many things such as a pin-pointer. I'll use the edge of the coil for pinpoint functions...... soil conditions permitting. Also, , , when you pinpoint; you can invoke pinpoint with coil in the air.... then lower it to the ground. I still prefer (and recommend) to use zero Disc (so you can hear all of the ID tones) and bring the coil to the side of intended target... then invoke PP and bring into intended target. . . . being careful NOT to invoke PP whilst coil is over a metal object (subsequently 'nulling' out the detector).

Tom