Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got out with the Cz 3d..

Posted by Miikey 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got out with the Cz 3d..
February 21, 2012 05:21AM
for 2 & 1/2 hrs today. My first hunt of the year. I used the 5 inch hockey puck and went to a spot that has produced a few wheaties in the past. Got one wheatie, a broken sterling ring, a few clad coins and junk.Mainly looking for older stuff. Several beaver tails read as nickel. Also got a few nails that gave an iffy coin signal. Had to switch hands now and then. Not used to swinging a detector. Neck got a little sore. Hope it goes away. Dont want to reaggravate my condition from last year. Had alot of fun.Used the Enhanced mode and dug a few zincs. Will have to wait a week to see how the neck does.
wjs
Re: Got out with the Cz 3d..
February 21, 2012 12:55PM
Some of the beaver tails are right in the same zone as the older nickels. On my Etrac I noticed that too.
February 21, 2012 03:44PM
I found the CZ heavy to swing for long hunts and belt mounted mine, works well that way. Several people have chest mounted them. You might want to try it if your neck continues to bother you.
Thanks guys...
February 22, 2012 02:43AM
I have a chest mount but didnt use it. Probably will next time. Im thinking looking towards the ground all the time isnt helping my neck.Found an assortment of junk including old tabs, tent peg, you name it.Dont know how to post a pic on here.
Re: Thanks guys...
February 22, 2012 08:15AM
I just ordered my CZ3D and, chest mount.I have a bad neck and hands.
I hip mount my Sea Hunter 11 and, use the 8 inch coil. I have no problems at all. IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
February 22, 2012 12:27PM
I have a bad neck & back, & looking downward really bothers me , too. I take Ibuprofen before I go & stretching my neck & back during the hunt helps, but I am still limited to a few hours.
February 23, 2012 08:45PM
Its good to get out even for a short time these days. Good luck to you guyssmiling smiley)
February 23, 2012 10:36PM
I also get an ache from the inside of my right shoulder blade up through the right side of my neck into the base of my head, almost turning into a headache. I dosen't rear it's ugly head until the next day upon waking up. I switch arms to swing my cz or else I wouldn't last more than three hours. When hip mounting, I still switch arms and find the controll box gets in the way of the left arm swing. Never tried chest mount, that may be the way to go.
If I didn't like the cz so much, I'd just use the f-75..... Things we do for love....
February 23, 2012 11:32PM
Ozzie...if you don't meter watch or use the pin point button, try it this way. Balanced perfect and I can swing either the 8 or 10.5 coil all day long. This is my main beach set up, and I am going to buy another straight shaft to hook up my CZ3D and probe for old coin hunting. Repeatable high tone...DIG IT !

February 24, 2012 01:45PM
Nice therover. I rarely look at the meter but I do use the PP button inland hunting. I like your set up. Where do I purchase the shaft and parts?
May 14, 2013 02:20PM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ozzie...if you don't meter watch or use the pin
> point button, try it this way. Balanced perfect
> and I can swing either the 8 or 10.5 coil all day
> long. This is my main beach set up, and I am going
> to buy another straight shaft to hook up my CZ3D
> and probe for old coin hunting. Repeatable high
> tone...DIG IT !
>
> [i1013.photobucket.com]
> 61/CZrig1.jpg

Very nice setup. All you need is to add a pin point button on the handle. Should

Not be difficult to piggy back the wires to the switch inside the box.

If you used a carbon fibre rod it would of been lighter and as strong.

Time to waterproof the box then place it in a waterproof backpack as 2nd

Insurance. I like my cz3d. Only issue is the ergonomics. Have no idea why

A bent shaft was used which i think tends to push the weight in your hand.

Just my 2c.

Joe
May 14, 2013 02:53PM
I think the hockey puck is so light might have better luck with stock 8 as larger coil distributes the weight more and keeps some pressure off the area of you hand.

In any case many ways to hip mount and certainly would help...

Gosh I wonder why the CZ7A rodmount never caught on as an ounce heavier but with AA batteries under armcup perfect balance and ergonomics...