Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

large gold haul found by accident

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
large gold haul found by accident
February 24, 2012 09:41AM
Re: large gold haul found by accident
February 24, 2012 02:26PM
I just wonder just how many (and what percentage) of discoveries/finds are not advertised/reported.
February 24, 2012 02:52PM
All this talk of "cashes" lately has really got me thinking. The late 1700's/1920's homesites I started hunting/excavating last year no doubt have the potential however areas are so overgrown and the biggest problem was the Mosquitos which were just incredibly vicious! Im gonna have be better prepared this year.
February 24, 2012 03:39PM
Maybe you could use a fogger machine and hit the area before going in.
February 24, 2012 04:00PM
I'm concerned about the toxins involved being airborne. A buddy of mine bought some supposedly non-toxic spray last year, I have to look into it.
Thanks
February 25, 2012 02:05AM
Tom
I just wonder just how many (and what percentage) of discoveries/finds are not advertised/reported.

I'd have to say MOST. I know I wouldn't tell anyone and the guys I hunt with wouldn't either. I've found through working with a club, that when you have success, you have a more secretive view of treasure hunting. It's the guys that essentially find nothing, that blab their spots, and talk about their finds and where they found them.

These TV shows are going to ruin it for us, I'm afraid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2012 02:06AM by Shambler.
February 25, 2012 02:37AM
Shambler agreed.
Some guys do not know how to keep their mouths shut, infact for some, it's not possible.
February 25, 2012 01:04PM
If governments were not so incarcerating ................... there would be a 'world of priceless educational wealth' to be shared/gained.
February 25, 2012 07:56PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If governments were not so incarcerating
> ................... there would be a 'world of
> priceless educational wealth' to be shared/gained.

If you want to see a great example, look to the UK. The government there did a great job and are reaping the benefits. Basically, you have to report your finds. They will go through a process and if deemed important enough for the state to keep, they have the value accessed via a 3rd source (I haven't read of any complaints.). Now get this, you get 100%! If they did that anywhere else, you can be sure the government would have a ton of artifacts on their hands and many people looking to "help them out"!

Here in Germany, I believe it's a bit iffier in that you can get up to 50% on coins and such, but not sure about other finds. You must report within 24 hours I believe or you lose the find.
February 25, 2012 08:36PM
Concur!