Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Micro-jewelery Hunting

Posted by jackalope 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Micro-jewelery Hunting
December 29, 2008 09:20PM
Tom:

Getting ready to do a weeks worth of Gulf beach hunting with a new White's BHID300. Anything you can add on the BHID300 would be appreciated.

When I take a break from the water hunting, I'll be hunting the dry sand areas for Micro-jewelery. Had planned to use the BHID but then remembered how great the F-75 is on small items. Don't have a dedicated gold machine, so what do you think of using the F-75?

Ron
Re: Micro-jewelery Hunting
December 29, 2008 11:21PM
Hi from the UK

On dry sand I think you will be amazed how small your finds will be, I have recently found a piece of bronze dross about HALF the size of a match head !!

19beavers

Oldest find to date 2000bc
December 30, 2008 01:07PM
I'm not intimately familiar with the BHID. ---As far as the F-75.... try running Disc on '0', multi-tones (of your choice), and 'JE' mode with as much Sensitivity as conditions allow. It's not quite a Gold Bug-II , but I think you'll be surprised.
December 31, 2008 07:35AM
Thanks Tom, I was hoping you'd say that about the F-75.

Plans are to spend a little time in Galveston during the minus tides. Most of my effort will be with the BHID 300 but when I'm almost out of steam I'll use the F-75 in the dry sand. Apparently, they are rebuilding the beaches after "IKE" which could make for some interesting finds. Doesn't take too long for the ocean to rearrange the beach to its liking, so each day will bring something new.

Happy New Year and HH

Ron
February 15, 2009 07:22AM
Tom:

Tried to use the F-75 on the beaches at Galveston but could not get it to ground balance on wet or dry sand either FASTGRAB or MANUAL. IKE really scoured the sand off the beaches and it looks like just the heavier material was left.

Beach Hunter I.D.300 was a joy to use. Did a lot better than I expected but getting out there at 3:00 A. M. for the minus tides wore me out.

Ron
February 15, 2009 10:58AM
Interesting GB results. Must be terrible mineralization content.