Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Where can you get a full length case ???

Posted by mcgov51 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Where can you get a full length case ???
February 25, 2012 02:11AM
I'm tired of getting out of the car with my AT Pro and crossing the street or parking lot with a MD in my hands.
I want something full length, preferrably black, some padding . . . with a shoulder strap.
Garrett makes a few bags and says you don't need to disassemble your MD . . . but you do.
My AT Pro is 56" from top to bottom with the small coil on it. No body makes a full size bag this big.
I really don't want to collapse my shafts because of the mods I have done ( sling connections )
I have been looking at beach umbrella carry bags and other stuff . . . still no luck. I think I'm stuck
Don't want a gun case because that would look worse and generate a call to Home Land Security
and put the Black Hawks up in the air for sure.
Suggestions ????
Re: Where can you get a full length case ???
February 25, 2012 02:54AM
I feel your pain.....I haven't measured but you might take a look at padded acoustic guitar bags.....they wouldn't look to wierd carrying around.....there are a variety of different size musician type bags that might work......another might be a microphone stand bag. Some of them are made to hold about 6 stands. Or maybe a light stand bag.....light stands get pretty good sized.....
Just a thought....
February 25, 2012 03:02AM
That's a good question and I have been thinking. The length is the killer. Don't laugh at my suggestions. May I suggest a bag maybe like a big tent would be stored in, a large long musical instrument case, sleeping bag, or maybe you could take some material and have you one made at a place where they do upholstery work( maybe rework a sleeping bag making smaller and install handle or strap). Any any event it will look a bit out of place when you are carrying such a long concealed object around where folks can't see what you got. I thought of a long bow case but they are not big enough around, plenty long though 72".
Good luck in your search.
February 25, 2012 01:10PM
It is inevitable that the length of a rifle/shotgun is the same length as a non-collapsed metal detector. If you break down the metal detector......... even just in half ........... there are MUCH more options available for concealed storage/transportation....... that poses less 'Signal-20' L.E.O. calls.
February 25, 2012 05:08PM
Whites has a nice padded bag but you still need to collapse your center rod a little. Not sure how you adjust your detector rod. Try ebay, might find one on there.
February 25, 2012 05:15PM
try a fishing shop for long bags ,but you may need to shorten it a tad
February 25, 2012 06:54PM
I have two of those long padded cases, one that came free with a detector (minimal padding) and the other I bought and it's a Minelab logo case. I'm not thrilled with the logo part but it is a very thick material bag with a good zipper. I can fit my E-Trac (or Omega) in it by just collapsing the stem. No need to take it apart. Can fit a couple of coils in there as well and headphones.
February 27, 2012 04:04AM
After searching the world via the www I found a 53" x 12" cloth umbrella case on eBay for $30 shp'd.
It has a shoulder strap and a draw string. It will be a few inches short so 3" of the handle will stick out
but it will do the trick nicely. This was a tough project.
baseball or softball bat bag ?
February 27, 2012 06:05PM
February 29, 2012 03:57AM
Hi Folks. I recently bought a Minelab 4000 from a guy that was a music producer. The machine came with a carry case that I believe is used to transport musical electronics. The case will carry the 4000 with the lower shaft partially closed. It will also carry my Minelab SE with the shaft partially collapsed and the coil folded. The only marking on the case is "On Stage Stands". I have also seen people carry their extra coils, with an extra lower shaft connected, in the cases that people use to transport their tennis rackets. Hope this helps. HH John
February 29, 2012 04:56AM
The black case, with a shoulder strap that I have on the way will . . .
1) Conceal my MD from plain view while in the car.
2) Allow me to get from the car to the chosen hunting spot discreetly and
3) Allow me to do so with my MD fully intact at full length and even with the
large coil installed. Works for me . . . especially for $30.

P.S. Got my first permission today . . . from a Catholic Church Monsignor to
search an empty grass lot next to and owned by the church . . . which was
built in 1786.

I am going to go over that lot with a fine tooth comb and dig everthing.
Nails and all . . . there's no hurry or time limit.

I would absolutely love to find something of value to give to the church in appreciation.

So far I am on a streak 1 for 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 04:43PM by mcgov51.
February 29, 2012 01:04PM
Nice! Let's just hope it's not too littered with iron/nails.