Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Omega Air Tests with stock coil????

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Omega Air Tests with stock coil????
February 25, 2012 01:59PM
Can anyone tell me what the maximum distance that your Teknetics Omega will air test a clad dime at? Thanks Kevin
Re: Omega Air Tests with stock coil????
February 25, 2012 02:26PM
10.5" with concentric coil
February 25, 2012 02:36PM
Thanks TerraDigger. Mine does that and still maintains a hit tome. It will hit 11 inches with hi tone mid tone mix. I sure appreciate your fast response. Happy Hunting guys. Many of us will find some silver and other good relics today. I wish every one of you the best.
February 26, 2012 04:57AM
Do any of you have the 11" DD or other DD coils (Detech) for it? If so, how does it do on relics? Say a eagle coat button and .58 minie ball? I am looking at one of these with the 11" coil or possibly getting one and trying the Detech Ultimate 13" coil on it...if I can't find anyone that has one and can give feedback. I will be the Guinea pig lol
February 26, 2012 07:48AM
Omega test in a high ground mineralization. detectors one of the deepest I had in this configuration

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
February 26, 2012 03:44PM
Denari -- I had trouble with understanding the language...but in one of the other videos, thanks to the bubble icons that popped up, I could tell what targets were being used and of course with the ruler right there, I could see and hear the detector and get a very good picture of what I was looking for. In that one test with the holes in the side of the dirt bank...that was really impressive with the Omega and NEL coil. In ground on a US Quarter at 30-35 cm...which if my conversion is correct, it puts it at 12 inches or so on the quarter, in ground. That is pretty impressive if you ask me. Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. The detector did sound like it was in motion all metal though...which is what I hunt in most of the time anyway.

I think I see an Omega 8000 in my future, with the bigger DD coil. Which should put me in the 12-14 inch range on in ground Civil War bullets...that's not shabby at all, which is actually better than what the e-Trac can do here.
February 26, 2012 04:22PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Denari -- I had trouble with understanding the
> language...but in one of the other videos, thanks
> to the bubble icons that popped up, I could tell
> what targets were being used and of course with
> the ruler right there, I could see and hear the
> detector and get a very good picture of what I was
> looking for. In that one test with the holes in
> the side of the dirt bank...that was really
> impressive with the Omega and NEL coil. In ground
> on a US Quarter at 30-35 cm...which if my
> conversion is correct, it puts it at 12 inches or
> so on the quarter, in ground. That is pretty
> impressive if you ask me. Exactly the kind of
> info I was looking for. The detector did sound
> like it was in motion all metal though...which is
> what I hunt in most of the time anyway.
>
> I think I see an Omega 8000 in my future, with the
> bigger DD coil. Which should put me in the 12-14
> inch range on in ground Civil War bullets...that's
> not shabby at all, which is actually better than
> what the e-Trac can do here.

Daniel, I will likely sell my Omega. It just came back from Fisher Labs with a new coil and a new something else I couldn't understand but I will include the report with the detector. If your interested, I can make ya a good deal on it. It is in perfect working order and I just don't need it. If you don't buy it, I may look into getting one of them coils you're talking about. Daniel, you'll get first chance at it, just in case I get other emails asking me about seling it. If Daniel doesn't want it, it will go to next in line. I will check back this afternoon to see if you read this.
February 26, 2012 06:09PM
Daniel-tn Tests were performed in Poland by two independent users
25 cent omega detect the ground with 12 "

set
1 video
disc 16 / notch iron
D2 sound
meaning 99

2 video
Disc 1
D2 sound
meaning 99

Make a video test omega 11 dd vs e-trac in a similar manner. to see what is deeper

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2012 06:12PM by Denari.