Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D and E-Trac hunt

Posted by therover61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D and E-Trac hunt
February 27, 2012 02:00AM
Took the CZ3d and E-Trac park hunting today. Used the 3D for most of the day, getting a few deep wheaties and clad. Hit a trashy park and took out the E-Trac with the Sunray X-5 and bagged this nice silver bracelet. Tested it with the 3D and it hits high tone so I would have gotten it with the 3D, but it was found in an area full of foils and tabs and I didn't have the smaller coil for the 3D so I had to use the E-Trac. Was running the standard coins mode since I was clad and silver coin hunting. Probably would have missed it if it was gold !

Re: CZ3D and E-Trac hunt
February 27, 2012 02:05AM
Sweet!
Congrats!
February 27, 2012 10:57PM
That X-5 coil and E-trac is a deadly combonation in heavy trash! Great find!
February 28, 2012 12:02AM
That's a beauty for sure. How do you like the x-5 coil? I use mine every so often. I find it's a little harder for me to size a target with after using the 10x12 and pro coil. It will sniff good stuff out of trash though and not bad depth either for a hockey puck sized coil.
February 28, 2012 01:30AM
Great find!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
February 28, 2012 02:14AM
tnsharp,

I use the X-5 the most on my E-Trac. Since I mostly run my CZ's on the beach (and don't want the E-Trac no where near salt water), I am finding that I use the E-Trac in trashy spots more than anything.

My friend Kevin B just gave me a great deal on an F75 Se, and that will be used relic hunting in some colonial spots and open areas since it's light, fast recovery and has tons of battery life. Plus it has power. Gonna take my CZ3D to those spots and do some comparison testing as well.

So my E-Trac (which I like a lot) with the small coil is my primary weapon in the trashy hunt areas. That small coil can get deep and I can juice up the sensitivity a bit and get great stability and target ID with it. Haven't had the Pro Coil or Sunray X-8 on the E-Trac in a while now....but they are great coils too.
X5 - sepro yesterday - 7min. vid
February 28, 2012 03:14AM
i am working on todays spin now.

this zone is where the X5 really shines for me . the rocks and iron zone.
sensitivity low - noise cancel: 11
[www.youtube.com]

<")))))<>(
February 28, 2012 05:03AM
Sweet find.
February 28, 2012 07:28PM
I was wondering are you running manual sens. with the x-5 coil? If so where do you run it? I always run mine at auto +3, But would mind a liitle more depth to make it more laser like.
February 28, 2012 10:34PM
Harold,

I always run manual sensitivity, but I have not had my E-Trac long and have not experimented with any of the auto sens settings. Guess I got to try that !

Found this using the basic coin program, manual sens at 26 ( the auto sens reading was 20-21 so I guess I was running 4-5 spots over the recommended).

That X-5 coil is a super coil and it makes the E-Trac very easy to swing and it can sniff out some goodies in those pull tab and bottle cap ridden parks.
February 29, 2012 04:36PM
rover --

If you haven't run auto sensitivity, and have gotten used to the "chattiness" when running manual, there may be no reason for you to run auto in most cases; sure it is "quieter," but if you are already used to the "noise," you may want to continue to run manual whenever possible, for best depth performance...

Steve
March 01, 2012 03:15AM
Steve, thanks for the info.

I think the E-Trac is a machine that one has to continue to use running the basic programs to get an idea how it speaks. I have used the E-Trac in only 2 modes. The coins mode with increased sensitivity for trashy parks using the X-5 coil, and using the same parameters/settings ( ie, tones, conductivity, etc.) as the coin program, only switching to a wide open quick mask screen to listen to all targets, wet salt sand hunting with the Pro Coil. The only adjustment I have changed is the sensitivity setting, bumping up where the unit is on the edge of chatty/noisy. I have learned what a good signal sounds like.

The E-Trac has already found me 3 pieces of gold beach hunting the wet sand in only 2 outtings running wide open, but I am too concerned about the salt water elements deteriorating the unit so I don't use it at the beach any more ( but reading what I just said about the gold, I may have to bring it back !!). I have used it a few times in the dry sand areas near boardwalks with the X-5 coil and it can sniff out coins in lots of garbage.

Going to hit an older football field with the Sunray X-8 coil this weekend and go over some spots I hit with the CZ3D and see if the E-Trac sniffs out something I missed with the 3D.

Also, my new to me F75 Se will be here tomorrow or Friday, so that may be a good spot to bring all 3 and do some testing.
March 01, 2012 10:04AM
Looking forward to your tests therover, three of my favorite units.
March 01, 2012 10:45PM
The x-8 is an awesome coil also. It is almost as deep as the pro-coil but alot lighter and better seperation in trash. I probally use that coil 80% of the time. What you said about learning the tones and what they are telling you is key to all minelab machines in my opinoin. You can't buy one use it for a couple weeks and say it isn't as good as advertised. If you take the time to learn what it is telling you you will be rewarded! I bought mine the first month they came out and used it and it until last summer when I got another CZ-3D which also is a great machine. But like I said in another post when it comes to I.D. at depth nothing beats the Explorer/E-trac!