Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Short Video - E-Trac in Iron

Posted by earthmansurfer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Short Video - E-Trac in Iron
February 29, 2012 01:54PM
I got some great footage of some coins in iron and here is one of them. Less than 3 minutes long.

Here I dug a smaller Bronze coin in fairly heavy iron at 8". You can really see the Fe numbers CONSISTENTLY stay down, at least from one angle. Don't pass up those Fe numbers in the 20's - investigate them from different angles. Also, I try out TTF and it really improved the signal - it gave a more consistent high tone and yet showed the iron right next to the target. Clearly the iron (and not iron mineralization) was pulling the numbers down, as you can see from the wide pinpoint imo.)

Considering that this coin was in heavier iron than most that I have dug and that TTF gave a better signal, I am now looking at TTF with new appreciation. I was afraid of missing deeper coins in TTF due to the lower Fe numbers but that wasn't true here. Also, the pinpoint was totally thrown off by the iron (and perhaps trash) so be careful with pinpoint or even quick mask dropping Fe numbers (due to iron).

I edited this to be educational, so there is a fair amount of subtitles to point out some observations. I truly got a lot out this myself from watching and listening again.

Enjoy,
EMS

ps - Watch it in Fullscreen in 480 resolution.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 01:59PM by earthmansurfer.
Re: Short Video - E-Trac in Iron
February 29, 2012 03:54PM
Albert, if you ever have access to a F-75, you would do well to do some tests with it up against the Etrac in iron infested sights, both machines...with only a 5" coil.

You will not only be surprised but also a little depressed as to what the Etrac (and most other machines) cannot see.....
Re: Short Video - E-Trac in Iron
February 29, 2012 04:29PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Albert, if you ever have access to a F-75, you
> would do well to do some tests with it up against
> the Etrac in iron infested sights, both
> machines...with only a 5" coil.
>
> You will not only be surprised but also a little
> depressed as to what the Etrac (and most other
> machines) cannot see.....

I had a T2 for 4 or 5 years an it couldn't get depth in my iron mineralized ground and the VID was all over the place - so, I'm quite familiar with the "F75". I do know it is GREAT with a smaller coil, but for hunting more open areas, I just don't have that kind of patience.
So, I was actually depressed at the T2, which brought me to the Omega (happier) then to the V3i (happier still) and now the E-Trac (happiest, minus the weight!).

Thanks
Albert