Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has the AT Gold not caught anyone's fancy????

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has the AT Gold not caught anyone's fancy????
March 01, 2012 04:47AM
Or is it too near the platform of the AT Pro for AT Pro owners to invest in one. It's just a few khz higher in frequency isn't it? And that is the only difference?? What about you DanielTn???? Do you think that the higher frequency would be beneficial enough in Tennessee loam to be considered???? or is it too near the AT Pro in performance to justify adding it to the arsenal?? Thanks. Kevin
Re: Has the AT Gold not caught anyone's fancy????
March 01, 2012 10:22PM
Kevin, I have stared at it pretty hard, but they locked the notches in the disc mode and made it unusable for me. No matter how hard I look at it I still can't get around the fact that I can't focus it to what I'd want to use it for, namely chain hunting.

So I'm left staring at the AT Pro (already had one) and the Goldbug/G2 (already had one) and a DFX trying to decipher which one would be the most efficient for the task. Key word is efficient.

HH
Mike
Re: Has the AT Gold not caught anyone's fancy????
March 02, 2012 12:18AM
I'm primarily a coin shooter. If I was a relic hunter the all metal mode of the AT Gold would be very appealing.
The AT Gold is also not to be used in wet salty sand. I have the Pro which can be a back up in a pinch for beach hunting.