Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus now sold in US

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: XP Deus now sold in US
March 11, 2012 02:55AM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FMall now has a new Deux forum dedicated to this
> machine, but unfortunately, you have to be careful
> what you post. The first "sticky" is, of course,
> a no comparisons allowed warning from Mr. Black.
> So Andy Sabisch writes a good post comparing the
> Deus to two 'other' detectors... both unmentioned,
> but you can imagine the manufacturer. Still, he
> compares signals on common targets so it would be
> nice to know to what he is comparing. I guess
> I'll just have one of my buddies over there PM
> him. Andy sells these detectors too so you have
> to wonder how unbiased he can be:
> [www.TreasureHuntersTradingPost.us]
> Nevertheless, there's lots of good information
> over there.
>
> Of course this post here has stirred them up, I
> guess fearing the inevitable comparisons:
> [www.findmall.com]
>
> To monitor is good; to control is still better.
> Gotta be tough being the Guv...

this is "critical" no reflection on andy,or anyone else offering
the unit for sale,however the likelihood of experienced hunters
believing these initial reports from 1 person "peddling" the detector
is perhaps slim to none? what we truly require is a "cross section" of users over time
reporting on the performance of the detector,as in my view,to be the only fair way to
properly assess IF the detector could be worthy of a purchase consideration.now
if the detector costs say,$150.00 or $200.00,then maybe the significance of "multiple
users" may be of limited consequence,however this "baby" is around $2,000.00,and
this is NOT "chump change" so to speak,at least not to me anyway!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
j

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 03:10AM by jmaryt.
March 11, 2012 10:52AM
This detector will sell. Face it. We are in a hobby where having the edge means money. It might not provide one, but we all keep looking for one.
We are in a hobby that can pay for itself. It helps to justify it in our minds when we spend big money on equipment.
We are in a hobby where most of us are past our prime and the weight issue is becoming important. Too bad other manufacturers can't see this. Yes Minelab I'm talking about you.
Mark my words. There will be plenty of these used detectors for sale in a couple of months. People will find out that there is something new coming out. They will find out that they can't read the screen. They will find out that their old sites are not new.
March 11, 2012 02:37PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Bart is a good guy though and an E-trac lover. If
> he says it is a good machine then most likely is.
> But that is a nice chunk of change so you need to
> research it like any other investment. One thing
> you have to admit though,That is one cool looking
> machine!

Thanks for the compliment! And you are right! I am a HUGE Minelab/E-Trac/Explorer lover and supporter. There is right now NO BETTER coin and silver machine out I have ever used. Your opinion may differ but I can only tell you what works for me. I LOVE the E-Trac! I also sell both. I also want to add, no 1 machine will do it all. Every machine has advantages and disadvantages. They are tools.

The XP Deus is MUCH faster, MUCH lighter and so far very impressive. I havent dug anything deeper than the E-trac but to be honest most of our coins here in OK are not that deep. The trash/masking problem is much more evident than getting depth. That is where the Deus excells.

The EMI so far has been outstanding on it. No problems. I also like the ability to switch frequencies with a button. Huge advantage against other machines. You can select 18 khz for small gold or nuggets or pop to a 4khz freq for large deep stuff. I settle on 12 the most. Its a great compromise for general hunting.

Charges last 16 hours and recharges completely in 3-4 hours due to the great lipo batteries.

There is a factory repair station here in the US now and it comes with a 2 year warranty.

Please dont accuse me of singing it praises. I am only stating the facts so far as I see them. Will it replace my E-Trac?? ABSOLUELTY not! Is it a good all around detectors with many options adaptable to many hunting conditions? So far so good!

Anyone with questions feel free to give me a call. I will answer questions as honestly as I can. I am learning it as we speak.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 02:41PM by Stoopstroop.
March 11, 2012 03:36PM
goodmore Wrote:
> This detector will sell. Face it. We are in a
> hobby where having the edge means money. It might
> not provide one, but we all keep looking for one.
>
> We are in a hobby that can pay for itself. It
> helps to justify it in our minds when we spend big
> money on equipment.
> We are in a hobby where most of us are past our
> prime and the weight issue is becoming important.
> Too bad other manufacturers can't see this. Yes
> Minelab I'm talking about you.
> Mark my words. There will be plenty of these used
> detectors for sale in a couple of months. People
> will find out that there is something new coming
> out. They will find out that they can't read the
> screen. They will find out that their old sites
> are not new.

i don't disagree,however for me to spend that kind of money
because the thing is "new" is NOT justified for me. to be truthful,
i should have been born in the "show me state" of missouri. (lol!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 12, 2012 01:46AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Someone brought up a good point about Andy....that
> being, have you ever seen him give a bad report on
> a detector? Food for thought. The few that are
> shouting the praises for the Deus just so happen
> to be dealers for it....sponsors to Findmall as
> well. Yep I will say its the best thing since
> toilet paper too, if I am making money on selling
> it lol

You guys simply amaze me! Everyone scoffed at the Garrett AT-PRO because it had some coil issues until TOM said it had potential and Garrett was on to something with the iron circuit in that unit. Stop spewing the crap and let science prove the unit good or bad. How many people out there have bought or at least tried the AT-Pro? My point being, don't criticize Andy because he sells the XP Deus and says its a good unit. I ask myself, "why would Andy become a dealer and sell the Deus if it really didn't impress him?" He wouldn't. From what I've read, the Deus is lightning fast at target separation and its unmasking abilities. I have not heard it is a depth demon by anyone... that doesn't classify it as a piece of junk either! I am not convinced the E-trac is an awesome machine either but I don't knock everyone who sells them because they feel they are the best unit out there. Let the FACTS dictate if the unit is worthy or not. I only posted the links so interested people could get some information and decide for themselves.
March 12, 2012 04:08AM
I didn't buy an AT Pro to try because of Tom's posts or any other post on the Internet. I got one because I personally knew some of the people on the testing team of it and know and trust their opinions.

Regarding the original question about Andy and the Deus....that's still a simple yes or no question. I don't want to hear your thoughts on why he would sell the Deus....I'm asking YES or NO...have you ever seen a field test by him in which he said a unit was bad? It's not that hard to answer a yes or no question. :-)

I don't know of one. Not saying the Deus is bad...never said that. I'm saying I'm not going to put all my hopes in believing forum chatter by a few folks who are profiting from convincing you to try one.
March 12, 2012 11:16AM
Daniel, I have enjoyed reading your posts but I'm afraid your account is going to be deleted because of your statement.................wait a minute........this is Tom's site and its the one and only site that allows metal detectorist to have a frank, open discussion that actually gives us honest information we truly need and can use.
March 12, 2012 01:27PM
Watch. In the end........... stronger relationships (and better understandings) are built.

So far........... it's worked every time.
March 12, 2012 01:54PM
LOL yeah I seem to have an unintentional and sometimes troublesome ability to rile people up. I remember one semester we had a debate class and we would take random topics and divide up into teams. Two teams were given a topic, and one side had to be on this certain side of the topic...and the other of course, on the other side. The objective was to be like Cool Hand Luke and discuss the topic, present your side's view, without getting all riled up. I was king of getting the other people riled up, even if the given topic was opposite of my real life opinion of it. Just a natural ability I guess....totally useless unless I go to law school to be a lawyer or something lol

Forums are bad for me in that way. You just have to be around me a while to understand my way of kidding around and joking around, and when I'm trying to just give somebody a hard time out of fun....on the forums I catch myself trying to be like I am in person...but it more often than not, gets taken as serious by people and they get all bent out of shape.

Getting back to the Deus. I think it is a very interesting machine. I would like to give one a try....but I'm not spending that kind of money to do it. If I spend that money it will be on a pulse machine. What would be REALLY interesting to see, would be if a machine was the next big thing, that the dealers recognize it as so and make a bold offer...to take your current unit in as collateral, as long as it was newer...and send you whatever the new machine may be, to test out for a week or weekend from date of delivery. If you didn't like it, you just pay shipping cost to send it back to the dealer and they send your unit back to you. No harm, no foul. If you like it...you can opt to trade your previous unit in on it...or get a discounted rate for a "demo price unit" which would essentially be the unit(s) that were sent back from the previous person not liking them. You could have 2 or 3 units on hand to do this with, as well as keeping stock on brand new inbox units as well. If I were a dealer and was that confident in a machine knocking the socks off people, I would do that for the people. There would have to be some photo ID and concrete addresses for the customer's end of things and tidy up a few loose ends, such as if the person damages the machine while trying it out....that they would have to purchase it....one of those "if you break it, you buy it" things.
March 12, 2012 08:16PM
This is not in English but you will get the gist of what they are showing you. Pretty darn fast processor in this unit.

[www.findmall.com]
March 12, 2012 10:27PM
Does it look like the Deus is the fastest processor out there? I wonder how the T2LTD or the like compare to it? I love the portability and weight of it also.

Love my E-Trac, but when whomever can get a multi-frequency (E-Trac or CZ like) machine in a light package, I'm on board. Would be amazing if they can get a CZ or E-Trac to be fast in multi frequencies and good in iron. That would be a bit of a shakeup. Hoping for that new CZ...
stoopstroop
March 12, 2012 11:02PM
are you from bug boys hobbies?
March 13, 2012 12:48AM
schultzie Wrote:
> This is not in English but you will get the gist
> of what they are showing you. Pretty darn fast
> processor in this unit.
>
> [www.findmall.com]

It would be interesting to see that VS a G2/GB DP
March 13, 2012 01:34AM
Good luck to those taking the plunge.
March 13, 2012 01:58AM
I, for one, have had some conversations with detectorists who have used the 'D' machine. They put it in terms that I could understand since I've had 3 Explorers and knew the machine inside and out.

The bottom line is, I hope few hunters get the Deus. And the few that do, I hope they won't learn it.

Yes, it costs almost $2,000 . At the very least, you won't screw up your shoulder or elbow hunting with it. My elbow is just now getting back to normal after 5 years of not swinging an Explorer.

Regarding Andy, he will have as much credibility with me as any other dealer who sells the product.
March 13, 2012 07:14AM
limegoldconvertible68 Wrote:
> Daniel, I have enjoyed reading your posts but I'm
> afraid your account is going to be deleted because
> of your statement.................wait a
> minute........this is Tom's site and its the one
> and only site that allows metal detectorist to
> have a frank, open discussion that actually gives
> us honest information we truly need and can use.

yeah! be careful! some forums have "hidden agendas"
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 13, 2012 07:23AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> LOL yeah I seem to have an unintentional and
> sometimes troublesome ability to rile people up.
> I remember one semester we had a debate class and
> we would take random topics and divide up into
> teams. Two teams were given a topic, and one side
> had to be on this certain side of the topic...and
> the other of course, on the other side. The
> objective was to be like Cool Hand Luke and
> discuss the topic, present your side's view,
> without getting all riled up. I was king of
> getting the other people riled up, even if the
> given topic was opposite of my real life opinion
> of it. Just a natural ability I guess....totally
> useless unless I go to law school to be a lawyer
> or something lol
>
> Forums are bad for me in that way. You just have
> to be around me a while to understand my way of
> kidding around and joking around, and when I'm
> trying to just give somebody a hard time out of
> fun....on the forums I catch myself trying to be
> like I am in person...but it more often than not,
> gets taken as serious by people and they get all
> bent out of shape.
>
> Getting back to the Deus. I think it is a very
> interesting machine. I would like to give one a
> try....but I'm not spending that kind of money to
> do it. If I spend that money it will be on a
> pulse machine. What would be REALLY interesting
> to see, would be if a machine was the next big
> thing, that the dealers recognize it as so and
> make a bold offer...to take your current unit in
> as collateral, as long as it was newer...and send
> you whatever the new machine may be, to test out
> for a week or weekend from date of delivery. If
> you didn't like it, you just pay shipping cost to
> send it back to the dealer and they send your unit
> back to you. No harm, no foul. If you like
> it...you can opt to trade your previous unit in on
> it...or get a discounted rate for a "demo price
> unit" which would essentially be the unit(s) that
> were sent back from the previous person not liking
> them. You could have 2 or 3 units on hand to do
> this with, as well as keeping stock on brand new
> inbox units as well. If I were a dealer and
> was that confident in a machine knocking the
> socks off people, I would do that for the people.
> There would have to be some photo ID and concrete
> addresses for the customer's end of things and
> tidy up a few loose ends, such as if the person
> damages the machine while trying it out....that
> they would have to purchase it....one of those "if
> you break it, you buy it" things.

to expand on your point!.back in the 70's many dealers
worked "out of the house" to be specific,they sold detectors from their living rooms.
my brother sold charlie garrett's equipment.what he used to do was if someone was interested
in a detector,he would "tape" the coil up,and allow that person to hunt with it for a week,then bring it back!
(my brother was avery trustworthy individual).he sold a lot of detectors that way,and NOT ONE was stolen
truly remarkable,but totally true!my point is it is too bad this cannot be done today,because if it was possible,
many more detectors would be sold,IF the customer could try it out!..so to speak! ..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 13, 2012 09:21PM
Detectorist Wrote:
> The bottom line is, I hope few hunters get the
> Deus. And the few that do, I hope they won't learn
> it.

Okay.... this one flew over my head. Is this sarcasm and you hope nobody gets and/or learns it to increase YOUR chances? Or you just do not like the unit? I am operating a little sluggish today. sad smiley
March 13, 2012 10:37PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I didn't buy an AT Pro to try because of Tom's
> posts or any other post on the Internet. I got one
> because I personally knew some of the people on
> the testing team of it and know and trust their
> opinions.
>
> Regarding the original question about Andy and the
> Deus....that's still a simple yes or no question.
> I don't want to hear your thoughts on why he would
> sell the Deus....I'm asking YES or NO...have you
> ever seen a field test by him in which he said a
> unit was bad? It's not that hard to answer a yes
> or no question. :-)
>
> I don't know of one. Not saying the Deus is
> bad...never said that. I'm saying I'm not going to
> put all my hopes in believing forum chatter by a
> few folks who are profiting from convincing you to
> try one.

man has a point! we do need to determine what the performance level of this new guy is!
granted it's been around europe for a while,but this AIN'T europe,and it's new here
as mentioned,i am waiting to se a "cross section" of users in the field comment on it
at a "neutral" review site.it's got to be around with many people using it HERE to get an accurate
evaluation of it's capabilities...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 14, 2012 12:32AM
jmaryt Wrote:
> man has a point! we do need to determine what the
> performance level of this new guy is!
> granted it's been around europe for a while,but
> this AIN'T europe,and it's new here
> as mentioned,i am waiting to se a "cross section"
> of users in the field comment on it
> at a "neutral" review site.it's got to be around
> with many people using it HERE to get an accurate
>
> evaluation of it's capabilities...just sayin'
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

Nobody believes what people are finding and saying about it anyway. "They are just trying to sell units so they are not credible." That's my whole point! Everyone needs to stop bashing the new unit and the ones making posts and let the science determine if it is all it's cracked up to be. I do not think Bart or Andy is pushing bogus info on the unit. In fact, most of the time it's "this is what I have found" type information. No, this isn't Europe but you know what? They have bad soil too and you never know when SOMEONE engineering a new detector will stumble on something that will change metal detecting forever!!!
March 14, 2012 12:35AM
schultzie Wrote:
> Detectorist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The bottom line is, I hope few hunters get the
> > Deus. And the few that do, I hope they won't
> learn
> > it.
>
> Okay.... this one flew over my head. Is this
> sarcasm and you hope nobody gets and/or learns it
> to increase YOUR chances? Or you just do not like
> the unit? I am operating a little sluggish today.
> sad smiley

You're correct. it looks like the Deus is so good, I would rather not have to compete against it. Same for the Minelabs. Makes it hard to find stuff. lol
March 14, 2012 06:30AM
schultzie Wrote:
> jmaryt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > man has a point! we do need to determine what
> the
> > performance level of this new guy is!
> > granted it's been around europe for a while,but
> > this AIN'T europe,and it's new here
> > as mentioned,i am waiting to se a "cross
> section"
> > of users in the field comment on it
> > at a "neutral" review site.it's got to be
> around
> > with many people using it HERE to get an
> accurate
> >
> > evaluation of it's capabilities...just sayin'
> >
> > (h.h.!)
> > j.t.
>
>
> Nobody believes what people are finding and saying
> about it anyway. "They are just trying to sell
> units so they are not credible." That's my whole
> point! Everyone needs to stop bashing the new unit
> and the ones making posts and let the science
> determine if it is all it's cracked up to be. I do
> not think Bart or Andy is pushing bogus info on
> the unit. In fact, most of the time it's "this is
> what I have found" type information. No, this
> isn't Europe but you know what? They have bad soil
> too and you never know when SOMEONE engineering a
> new detector will stumble on something that will
> change metal detecting forever!!!

i agree shultzie! i'm watin' for the day,and i believe it's comin'
and right soon! technical changes,although slow,have been steady over the years,
and i also believe,we may be on the threshold of something revolutionary. the advances in electronic
circuits have been nothing short of unprecedented,especially in the "defense" arena. i was a part of the military-industrial
complex for over 34 years,as a digital trouble shooter.most advanced designs are military in nature,then filter down to
commercial applications the last ten years have been truly remarkable,and advancements are being implemented
AS WE SPEAK!...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 19, 2012 12:04AM
Just read a post on the Find's forum that caught my eye a bit. The Deus is designed to be a low conductor machine. I am wondering if that is why it hears both the nails and coins in the video's. Are the foreign coins used steel or some other alloy... or are they copper? Also, people from the US are saying something about how it processes the signal is different and allows it to hear targets in iron/trash and in turn they are digging more targets.

Is it possible to process an iron signal differently, that would still allow medium to high signals to be heard? Could you "filter" an iron/trash tone which is an accepted signal (to avoid a null), and electronically remove that reported signal so you would not hear it (electronically remove it from the equation), but still allow other good/high tone signals in close proximity to be heard... thus eliminating any masking. Seems to me that with all the technology we have today, that a circuit that would process any signal from -90 through +10 (using the White's VDI scale for reference only) and remove it from any reported signal from +11 to +95, would eliminate masking. You could set it to any VDI window. I am sure there is some kind of physics limitation to this. I'm just thinking out loud here.
March 19, 2012 02:07AM
schultzie Wrote:
> Just read a post on the Find's forum that caught
> my eye a bit. The Deus is designed to be a low
> conductor machine. I am wondering if that is why
> it hears both the nails and coins in the video's.
> Are the foreign coins used steel or some other
> alloy... or are they copper?

They are copper coins.
March 19, 2012 02:11AM
Etsija82 Wrote:
> They are copper coins.

Thanks!
March 19, 2012 02:28AM
schultzie........ thinking 'outside the box'............. and................ once in a while........... it may strike a 'trigger' !!!