Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A more detailed user manual?

Posted by Cuniagau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A more detailed user manual?
January 13, 2009 04:15PM
Tom,

Where can I find a detailed users guide for the F75. Something that goes into detail on JE, De, BC, etc. And how each programmable segment interacts with others such as threshold and sensitivity, mode, notch, etc. Is there such an animal out there or is the user’s guide that comes with the machine it? There has to be a more comprehensive paper than the guide, as it seems to be just a summary to get the user quickly in the field. I am wanting to learn a bit more about how it deals with mask targets or unmasking if you will. How mineralization affects the different settings. I guess I want the complete manual to it.

Thanks,
Cuniagau

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
Re: A more detailed user manual?
January 14, 2009 02:34AM
There does not exist such writings. What is truly needed to fully appreciate the 'real' F-75 would be a comprehensive video with full demonstration IN-THE-FIELD in the real-world of each and every function..... also to include video clips of just exactly why this specific platform performs so well.....compared to others. This would solidify the non-believers... not to mention die-hard 'brand-particular' folks..... along with it being the 'correct' guide to the existing owners.
I would be remiss not to mention: Currently; it has ALWAYS been left up to the user/operator to 'figure it out' on his own and with excuses such as; 'in their specific environment' or 'your specific hunting applications'. Taboo it is!
No matter what excuses; there still lies 'basic principle of operation' in need...... and on video (what a perfect & correct marketing opportunity).
I commend White's for their marketing accolades. All other Mfr's fail in this (ever-so-critical, final & REQUIRED) department.

Tom
January 14, 2009 03:14PM
Tom,

I am a very visual person and understand much more by "seeing" it, so I really understand the value of a video. I also live close enough to Missouri (the "Show Me" state), that I fall naturally in that category. I have watched your video on the CZs from time to time as it keeps me remembering what I have learned on my own over the years. I have read and re-read all of your articles posted on your site. I have tried to visualize cross over from the CZs to the F75 but the processing speed of the F75 and processing speed of the CZ vs. the process speed of my brain limits the whole process. Yes a new video is needed. How long has the F75 been in production now? Has FTC not seen the writing on the wall for a marketing opportunity? Do they think that detectors are THE only segment of business out there in the metal detecting community? They have built a pretty good machine. Why don't they open up their sights on teaching the owners how to tweak every drop of efficiency out of their unit? You're right about Whites taking advantage of videos to help solidify their market share. I guess TFC thinks just because it says Fisher on it that it will sell. Well, it will sell but the customer is asking for more than a great machine, they want to learn it well. I have four hunting friend who ALL use Minelabs. They do it for a reason. They draw knowledge from each other. I know of only one other hunter who has a F75 and I have been picking his brain since I got mine. That and reading everything on every forum I can find just to keep somewhat competitive with my hunting group. And TFC is sure making it hard with their abbreviated summary guide and not having you make a comprehensive video to show their customers the capabilities of their flagship unit. Geez, why don't they just tell us that they don't want us as customers and go buy a Whites or a Minelab or any of the other dozen or so machines out there instead? Tom – if you do make a video on the F75, let me know, I’ll buy the first one!

Cuniagau

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
January 14, 2009 11:11PM
There are two primary factors as to why FTP has yet to produce a video (not to be used as 'excuses').
1. The DE's of the top-end units rather spend every last minute & dime on producing an even greater product for the public. A design engineer does not care about a video; rather, he's concerned about front-end interface with main-board and VDI interaction with minimal component cross-talk within the integration of primary microprocessor whilst matched quad driver impedence in concert with utilization of aluminum electrolytic caps produces aligned sinusoidal output for demodulators and comparators before generating final output to audio magnitude MUX & meter MUX. Deep! Get my point?!!
2. Because of this 'niche' market size; the marketing Dept managers of most Mfr's just simply do not 'see' the potential ROI (Return On Investment) with the production of a video. It is usually (incorrectly) viewed upon as 'more of an unnecessary expenditure'; hence, "save the costs". --Interestingly; White's has had a few bright marketing experts of whom realized and figured out just exactly HOW to "make it work" AND make money on the video's in the mean time. White's produces a average product but holds 'superior' sales and marketing savvy/dominance. Can we learn from this? It's all about mindset & attitude.

Tom