Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eccelerator coil

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Eccelerator coil
March 14, 2012 02:36PM
Any experience using the 6" Excelerator coil on the Etrac?
If so, feel free to comment on the differences or comparisons to the stock coil.
Re: Eccelerator coil
March 14, 2012 07:20PM
I think the 6" Excelerator is hard to beat for the money. I have hunted an old fairgrounds with this coil that was impossible to hunt with other brand detectors because of the volume of trash in the ground. Using a trashy park pattern I have found Indian Heads and Barber dimes at fairly good depths(7-8 inches). It really ferrets coins out, like it should, for a small coil...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 07:24PM by tracyjm.
March 14, 2012 11:18PM
I have a 8" Excelerator coil that i use on my MXT, and it dose a very good job at picking out coins from trash. I would like to have the 6" coil for tight spots. Good luck Flintstone
March 16, 2012 06:13AM
My hunting partner hunts the 6" EXcelerator, and loves it...hits dimes up to 8" with it, and loves to use it in the trash.

Steve
March 16, 2012 02:36PM
I purchased the NEL Sharpshooter coil. It took about three weeks to get it in the mail. A very nice coil. It is a small coil, but it can still cover some ground. A very good compromise for going smaller.
March 16, 2012 04:34PM
Please keep these smaller eTrac coil reviews coming. Looks like I will be keeping my eTrac and I'm in the market for a smaller coil for it myself. I've only tried the 8" SunRay on it...I had one back when I had an Explorer II and it was my primary coil with that particular machine. However on the eTrac I wasn't that enthused with it and preferred the stock Pro coil.

Now I'm wondering the same thing....Excelerator coil, SEF coil, or NEL coil?!!!?? Of course smaller it would be smaller sized ones. I hear a lot of good about the NEL Sharpshooter but I currently have a NEL Tornado ordered for my Omega and I'm waiting to see how I like the quality of build, how long it takes to get here, etc. It may be hard to beat the Excelerator and SEF coils due to convenience of already being here in the US and only taking a few days at most, to get to the house.
March 17, 2012 11:49AM
Tinfoil led me in the direction of this 6" coil for my Etrac. He has over 15 different detectors ranging from the Shadow X5 up to the camo LTD. He has a vast amount of knowledge in the hunting field and helped me many times.