Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Negatve comments

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Negatve comments
March 17, 2012 11:30AM
How can one compare or make dumb negative comment when they have never used or even seen a certain detector. Just curious
Re: Negatve comments
March 17, 2012 11:32AM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How can one compare or make dumb negative comment
> when they have never used or even seen a certain
> detector. Just curious

Maybe they are just jealous.
March 17, 2012 01:02PM
Speculation
Curiosity
Realism

................... are 3 different thought-patterns.........and..........

................... will always have 'differential' frustration.
March 17, 2012 01:21PM
I've noticed that too. You know what? It's OK to not be able to afford a Deus. There are much more important things in life than metal detecting....

That being said, there is a matter of perspective. it appears that the Deus can take the place of various detectors.
March 17, 2012 01:25PM
Sonny why don't you put this matter to rest and have that bad boy shipped to Tom for validation.

In turn he'll give you tips on best how to set it up and if it's as good as you say then we'll ALL get one and then we can be freinds again!
March 17, 2012 01:30PM
Let's all chip in and buy him one. I will help. Want to keep mine for a while at least hH
March 17, 2012 02:31PM
Heck with Tom's connections imagine he has done a field test with one already...remember this unit has been out for over a year and just recently being sold by U.S. dealers...

I know one thing if you don't see many used ones up for sale its a keeper.....
March 17, 2012 09:50PM
Aaron . . .well said.
If this unit cannot hit a dime in the ground at 12" ( at that cost ) . . . I hope none get sold.
March 18, 2012 12:45AM
Sonny-----It happens EVERYTIME a new detector comes out!----This one (Deus) isn't exactly new out, but it is to us here in the U.S.-----Sooooo, here we go again---the fighting, bickering, etc. and all that goes with it.---I never could figure what sets all that off (or why).-----I'm not speaking of that happening on this forum, but elsewhere.---------Del
March 18, 2012 12:59AM
Yes del I agree. Just like the comment "I hope none get sold" if they do not hit a coin at a certain depth. What about our USA deus dealers???
March 18, 2012 01:52AM
Jus hang on tight my friends.......they will be half price on the F/S forums in about 6 months.
Then you can get one.............see ya yardhunter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 01:53AM by yardhunter.
March 18, 2012 02:11AM
yardhunter Wrote:
> Jus hang on tight my friends.......they will be
> half price on the F/S forums in about 6 months.
> Then you can get one.............see ya yardhunter

Case and point!!! "Here's yer sign!" smiling smiley
March 18, 2012 03:12AM
Hmmmmm.
In 6 months the new toy on the block could be old news and then the bickering will start all over again with what FTP and MineLab have comin out....oh well.
March 18, 2012 06:18AM
Why does the price always seem to be the point. Actually when gas is almost 4.00 per gallon how can one worry about prices. If you want A deus get it. Not really the end of the world as far as money. If you cant afford to spend that kind of money then forget it, if you can afford it and want one , go for it... .. actually pretty simple. I would like to have a new Corvette but cant afford one right now but do not bad mouth them for guys that get one..actually the weight of the Deus is very important to some including myself...HH
March 18, 2012 07:41AM
mcgov51 Wrote:
> Aaron . . .well said.
> If this unit cannot hit a dime in the ground at
> 12" ( at that cost ) . . . I hope none get sold.

it's all about market share! in the final analysis,if they believe they
can market the detector for 2 "large" then they will! you can put a
stop to it,IF ya don't buy it! force 'em to sell it at a lower price,or croak!
r&d's a killer,as well as producing all the parts "in house" people have to be paid,then
a decent ad budget,and ya lookin' at some serious "scratch" just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 18, 2012 08:09AM
Thats ok, I'll just keep my CZ-3D and AT-Pro. They both have their uses and I love both of them. The Deus is just too expensive atm.

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
March 18, 2012 12:14PM
theres 1000s of happy UK Deus owners and they are selling to change to another machine .pointless exercise
March 18, 2012 01:30PM
Sonny..... i do work hard for my money and being retired dont get a lot of it so money is important. So i have to look at will this machine pay for its self. When i bought my land machine i knew id keep most of the relics and old coins i found..... so it takes a lot of clad to pay for it. When i bought a water machine...... my thought was different. I bought the best i could and it paid for its self quickly. The Deus appears to be a good machine..... but so does the Etrac and i dont have one of those. As far as air tests goes...... well we all know how the MLs air test so you cant really say the Deus will loose depth. Im also a firm believer in if you buy a machine you use it at least until it pays for its self. Then you know its true worth. Way to many people change detectors like underwear then have a list an arms length long that they used for all to see. Those are the people that give me a chuckle especially after only being in detecting a couple of years. I like a good discussion on the pros and cons......

Dew
March 18, 2012 02:00PM
very well said. But I think each person has his own idea on what he wants to do and as far as paying for one with finds. That could be tough. Especially if you drive anywhere to hunt with the gas prices like they are at the present. Guess one would have to take all that into consideration. I personally am not retired and work and have a small business on the side. Also started getting that social security last year. Some probably change detectors more than their underwear, but that is their call not ours. Got to remember everyone is different. I have 4 detectors and that is too many but what the heck...I have the E-trac and think it will be hard to beat , but the darn thing gets heavy. That is my only dislike about it. 67 yrs here.. The thought about paying for it is great but not one of my major concerns. I have golf clubs that I never paid for them by playing, same with most of my hobbies. Have 2 Harleys that are chromed out and believer me I do not make money with them..Again just hobbies..They are just hobbies, not money makers.
March 18, 2012 02:47PM
It's all of the HYPE and deliberate lack of information that bothers me.
Tired of hearing about it . . . people hawking these units . . . let the data come out
and speak for itself.

This is exactly how some people buy 20 MD's in just a few years.

e.g. Where on this page do you see any useful information (facts) about the Deus?
How can a consumer make an informed decision when certain critical data is with-held?

So how then, can a consumer measure value i.e. performance vs cost? It cannot be determined?
If the data indicates that the value is all built into the weight, wireless, speed, separation then let
the evaluated data say so.

The American Dealers . . . I'm sorry . . . I really am . . . but if you take care of your customers
honestly by offering an exceptable measure of quality & performance at a fair price you will have
nothing to worry about.

Just let them know what they are buying. The units are in your hands. Evaluate . . .
Who knows the Deus might be the best MD ever made?
March 18, 2012 03:16PM
All brands and a lot of people hype up new machines . We all want the best.
If the XP were multi freq making it more versitile i might give it a harder look.
Also not crazy about the coil design.
March 18, 2012 07:15PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Sonny..... i do work hard for my money and being
> retired dont get a lot of it so money is
> important. So i have to look at will this
> machine pay for its self. When i bought my land
> machine i knew id keep most of the relics and old
> coins i found..... so it takes a lot of clad to
> pay for it. When i bought a water machine......
> my thought was different. I bought the best i
> could and it paid for its self quickly. The Deus
> appears to be a good machine..... but so does the
> Etrac and i dont have one of those. As far as
> air tests goes...... well we all know how the MLs
> air test so you cant really say the Deus will
> loose depth. Im also a firm believer in if you
> buy a machine you use it at least until it pays
> for its self. Then you know its true worth.
> Way to many people change detectors like underwear
> then have a list an arms length long that they
> used for all to see. Those are the people that
> give me a chuckle especially after only being in
> detecting a couple of years. I like a good
> discussion on the pros and cons......
>
> Dew

i change my underwear often too,but not for the reasons you extoll!
heh! heh! heh! (lol!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 18, 2012 10:13PM
It took almost two years to develop the Deus. It was on the market in the UK for another two years. Look at the forums over there and you will see the success that are having with the unit. The only units I see for sale over there are the ones when someone is having a hardship and having to sell. The delay coming to the USA was due to FCC regulations. The wireless signals were not approved. It took a while to modify the unit to meet
those regulations. I have used the Goldmaxx Power and if the Deus is based off this detector then they will sell a lot of them here in the states. The cost here is a lot less than our cousins are paying over there.
Maybe sales here will help the prices adjust so it will be a little less painless to purchase. I have read that the unit is made totally in France, no China parts.......

Tom in SC
March 18, 2012 10:20PM
mcgov51 Wrote:
> Aaron . . .well said.
> If this unit cannot hit a dime in the ground at
> 12" ( at that cost ) . . . I hope none get sold.

very few detectors can do that in 'real' ground. Florida ground has no mineralization so most penetrate as far as the air tests. Just for your info.

Tell you what, fly over here and if your CZ can give a good signal on a 12" deep dime, I'll pay for your plane ticket. I'm talking about a coin signal, not iron tone. I've had 2 CZs and neither one was able to do that.
March 18, 2012 10:37PM
Detectorist Wrote:
> Tell you what, fly over here and if your CZ can
> give a good signal on a 12" deep dime, I'll pay
> for your plane ticket. I'm talking about a coin
> signal, not iron tone. I've had 2 CZs and neither
> one was able to do that.

Wow... I do believe the gauntlet has been thrown down!!!!!!!!!! smiling smiley
March 18, 2012 10:57PM
I have made some good finds during my years. I have used quite a few different detectors. But I don't think I ever recovered a coin at 12 inches. Maybe I never had the detector to do it. I have the E Trac now. Time will tell. But 12 inches just has to be extreme here. Most places I'm hitting big rocks by then. I have never hunted plowed fields. Maybe I should start. The most fascinating part of detecting a coin at 12 inches to me is getting a solid reading on an 8 inch target should be easy. I'm not sure I want to dig 12 inch holes in parks or nice lawns.
March 18, 2012 11:21PM
goodmore Wrote:
> I'm not sure I want to dig 12 inch holes
> in parks or nice lawns.

As long as you are filling in your hole properly, it makes no difference if it is 4" or 12". The plug is the same size either way! What's below it does not matter.
March 19, 2012 01:51AM
Interesting first hand information about the Deus from the people across the pond who use it.
Go here and just poke around and read the comments:

[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
March 19, 2012 02:33AM
mcgov51 Wrote:
> Interesting first hand information about the Deus
> from the people across the pond who use it.
> Go here and just poke around and read the
> comments:

Try this link instead....

[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2012 02:44AM by schultzie.
March 19, 2012 10:51AM
Schultzie - It is the same exact link?