Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus
March 19, 2012 09:03AM
Boy it is getting tough to really sort out if this new detector is any better then what we all ready have? It has four freq I think that is the most beating the V3i? We can't say the same for the Etrac different freq used in a different way. Yes it has its own way to be programed as do a lot of machines out there, does the programing give you an edge? I know on most real deep targets it won't give you a VDI but it will give you a tone. I know the design is way different from all the rest.

I was hoping a new machine would help with trash by reading the signature of the metal and giving some of us a better hint that it is trash. But again you have to trust your ears and dig anyway to know for sure. That seems to be the way it is with most detectors not all but most. So we see hunters...well some of them saying they are finding coins and relics with the Deus in hunted out spots but that can be the same case as hunting with a good machine and knowing how to use it!

I wonder just what makes this so much better or do we already have what we need. I know the Etrac from all I have read really can make a difference with someone that understands that machine. Where some machines that are great are turn on and go, very little if any to tweek the machine.

So we will just have to read more and hope some users of the Etrac and V3i and F75 and many others have the chance to try this new machine and see what they think...I can only hope what Tek and Fisher come out with is truly a different machine. I hope we can read how it has changed the hobby for the best and offers a way to detect that is better then what we are hunting with now...Can the new Fisher really be the next step or are we all waiting for something that is with improvements but not a knock your socks off machine?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Deus
March 19, 2012 09:46AM
Some really good hunters are jumping on the wagon. I imagine that the Deus is a very nice detector. I think we will be seeing nice finds being posted. So you take good hunters with good sites and a good detector you get good finds. Nothing new there. Everyone of those hunters will say that the Deus is a pleasure to use. And it probably is. And it will continue to be until the next great detector is released. But for that amount of money I expect a fine detector. Soon the used ones will start appearing in the classifieds. Some because they are not good hunters. Some because they don't have good sites. Some because they have bills to pay.
March 19, 2012 02:19PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It has four freq I think that is the most
> beating the V3i?

It has four frequencies but you select which one you want to use. It only collects data from the selected frequency. If you go to the XP website, you can download the Manual (pdf).

Here it is:
[www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2012 02:32PM by schultzie.
March 19, 2012 04:41PM
Here is the fieldtest done by the late John Lynn that unfortunately died in mid 2011.

He was famous for both his finds and his knowledge.

It hits on crown caps and id's them in the dime/quarter area. They do not give as smooth a response as a coin in most cases but I have always had a hard time passing them up in the past with Fisher and Whites machines even when using the ID tricks.I alweays worry that it might be a silver quarter next to iron or trash giving a bit of a degraded signal. However I am thinking it will be a great relic machine for the older sites.It hits little tiny low conductors extremely well in a carpet of square nails....