Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

15 in Fisher or the 11in Fisher for the f70

Posted by DigginDeepSouthLA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
15 in Fisher or the 11in Fisher for the f70
March 20, 2012 06:55PM
Does anybody like the 15 in, have not heard much about it.I live in Louisiana,low min. I think I could swing the weight of the 15in for many hours. Is it worth it,I have been told to get the 11in buy many people, thanks.I run full power down here.
Re: 15 in Fisher or the 11in Fisher for the f70
March 21, 2012 12:28AM
You may want to read the thread:

Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD prototype

On the last couple of pages........ the 15" coil is covered.
March 21, 2012 12:51AM
I am new to the site and not sure how to find this.
Thanks, DDSLa
March 21, 2012 10:02AM
Right now....... it's on page 9 of this forum.
March 21, 2012 04:16PM
Still reading,ten pages of reading. Just wanted a quick answer.
March 21, 2012 06:19PM
Well beggars can't be choosy...at least it's free info without any bias.

I've used the 15" white and didn't like it very much. Heavy and unbalanced and no much gain in depth on coin size objects in comparison to the 11" DD. The depth really increases on the larger items like belt plates.

The better alternative is the SEF 12x15 or maybe the new Detech Ultimate 13" DD. Both are lighter than the white 15"...with the 13" being the lightest but I've not ran it. I've seen videos of it. I have ran the 12x15 though and its a great coil for relic hunting...gets a little better depth on coin size objects than the 15" white...and around the same on the larger items as well....with the bonus of being lighter.
March 21, 2012 07:34PM
Just posted a response to a similar question on finds:

I've got it, but have put only about 8-10 hours on it thus far. First off, it's HEAVY , but as long as your turf hunting and can offload some of the weight onto the ground, it's not too bad, but if you're hunting in an area where you'll have to bear all the weight, you'll really feel it.

Unfortunately when I tested it, the ground was bone dry, so we don't get as good of depth out here until the ground has some moisture in it. I've been waiting on some good rain to test it out, but this has been one of the dries winters in years, more like a long spring then a winter, with very little rain, but it is a little better then the couple of days I tested it out.

When I did test it, I hit a couple of hard hit spots and did manage to pull out a few deeper keepers. One was an 8" deep buffalo nickle, some deeper wheates, and a few relicky things. Nothing earth shattering, but I did feel, aside from the extreme weight, that it was a good performing coil. TID is still good, I was definitely seeing better depth, and it's sensitive to smaller targets. Pin-pointing was spot on. I'll try to use it at a couple of spots I know there are deepies at when I get to them and report back on my results.

HH,
Brian
March 21, 2012 07:52PM
Some of my deeper finds with the F75 were with the 15 inch coil. The weight was so heavy though, I could not enjoy myself.
Tri
April 02, 2012 02:09PM
DigginDeepSouthLA, if you have not already found it here are the two main posts Tom completed on the 15" coil :

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Tri