Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Questions about the CZ3D...

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Questions about the CZ3D...
August 15, 2007 11:45PM
I have some questions about the CZ3D.
I live and mostly hunt in NWGA, I live in Cartersville and hunt here, Kennesaw, Marietta, and Atlanta. I mostly hunt for relics and more in yards than woods, maybe 60/40.
I also like to hunt for old coins and other stuff.

My current detectors are: a SovereignGT; A Tejon; and a T2.
I have sent my T2 in for service, there seem's to be a short in the coil cable at the connector. My favorite sites and trashy, full of square nails, and iron ore. Lot's of iron ore here. I realize that any good detector is going to produce square nails.
I mostly use my Tejon in these sites because it seem's to be the most stable, with the 5.75" coil. The T2 also work's well but cause's mental fatigue with all the chatter, I fear that I miss stuff because of so many tones. I run it in 2+.
I don't use the GT much because on these sites with so much iron it stay's in null all the time.

Now, the 3D has gotten my attention because of it's advertised ability to id round tabs and id gold coins and rings. From what I read I think I would dig everything that signal's good and everything that signals as a square tab.
I find that everyone I ask about the CZ3D either love's it or hate' it. No middle ground to speak of. That make's me think it probably really is a good detector.
I could buy an F-75 and sell my T2 if I find that I like the F-75 better but I can't get the 3D out of my mind.

The thing I want to know is about the CZ3D... is it really a good machine? Would it be a good compliment to the detectors I have? Am I right in thinking that it might produce good finds if I go over places I have hunted with the Tejon and/or T2? Will it really see good items, as good items, that the Tejon and T2 will see, but not necessarily as good? Will the CZ3D do things that the GT, T2, or Tejon will not do? I am not thinking of buying it for a #1 but as a "Speciality" machine. Then again, if I like it enough,, who knows?

I am also a little concerned about the weight and balance of the 3D, is it a well balanced and comforteble machine? It's really gotten under my skin...

EDIT: Well dang! I've been reading through the forum and am thinking I really should just buy an F-75 since I already know a bit about the T2. Is the F-75 really that much better?? I'm excited! Also, I can't wait to get my T2 back and try it in one tone at my sq nail site. this site has been inhabited since the 1830s and was a cavalry camp in the CW. I have recovered many eagle buttons, minnies, one box plate, and a wide assortment of other period items, most with my Tejon. If I can unmask ferrous items with the T2 using one tone, I am excited. Is that right? Is there anything esle I need to adjust on the T2 for max unmasking? Do you think it will unmask better than the Tejon with the 5.75" coil?

Tom, thanks for the help!

I have your DVD, it is good.

Sorry so many questions in one post. I am mainly trying to decide between an F-75 and a CZ3D. Does the 3D have anything on the F-75? That and how to best set the T2 for high iron and bad ground are the two main things I want to know.

Thanks again,

Julien

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2007 12:51AM by jbow.
Re: Questions about the CZ3D...
August 16, 2007 01:14AM
If you mainly hunt in thick iron,,,,, the F-75 is the unit of choice. The T-2 can do approx 75% of what the F-75 can do in the iron. Set the T-2 on Disc '21', Monotone ONLY!!!.... and run Sens as high as possible. It's noisy..... but no other detector will come close to it in the iron (except F-75). And the 7-11 coil on T2/F75 will trump any other coil from any other detector/manufacturer...in the iron trash..... (In consort w/rapid microprocessor). CZ-3D has many 'human intelligence' advantages over T2/F75.... but certainly not in iron.

Tom
August 16, 2007 01:42AM
Thanks Tom. I am going to go get an F-75 tomorrow. How do I set the F75 so it will be best for older coins, (like the old coin setting on the CZ3D?)? I have a few other ites that aren't as bad with iron and I know there have to be more old coins there but I have had a hard time pulling them out, only one IH at one old yard, but I am sure there are more.

Thanks!!!

Julien

I'll post my finds in a week or two after I get out a bit, it's hot as blue blazes here, then again, you're in FL., why am I complaining to you, laff...
August 16, 2007 08:49PM
Hi Julien,

I think I posted about this in several posts below. I think in the "First Time Out -- F75!!!!!!" thread is some info. Most important thing is to run the "4H' mode..... and recover the top 2 tones. I have found older Indians in the VDI range of "54 - 57". ... Yes, there are IH's that will VDI as high as '61'..... but the older ones are slightly lower. The 1857 - 1864 pennies are even lower in VDI readings. In trashy areas, I recommend a slower sweep. You can sweep the F-75/T-2 as fast as you want in trashy areas.... but the problem is not the detector; rather, it's a slower human brain clock speed! Keep Disc on '6' also. Whether you realize it or not.... your brain will naturally slow your sweep speed down (a good thing) if you encounter trashy areas. Remember,,,, in general,,,,, the deeper the coin, the older the coin. VERY deep is a good thing.

Tom
I still have not decided...
August 21, 2007 12:51AM
I know I should probably just go with the F-75 since I mostly hunt relics and that almost always mean's iron... but I cannot get the 3D out of mind. There are also al ot of older sites around here that are not as trashy and I do love to find the old coins.
I could keep the T2 and the Tejon for relics, the Sovereign for when I want something heavy that nulls all the time, and get the 3d to hunt, especially, for old coins. I really want to find a one dollar gold coin, or any gold coin, for that matter.

Am I wrong in thinking that the 3d will be the best machine for old coins or does the 4h setting on the F75 do the same thing? I also LOVE to dig nickles.

If i get the F75 I will surely sell the T2.

What do you think Tom? You have hunted up here right?

Julien