Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For T2SE owners. Are you impressed?

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For T2SE owners. Are you impressed?
March 22, 2012 01:49AM
Like, it's a bit late now to read reviews, but it would cheer me up to hear someone say..."Oh, my T2 is killer in the red dirt where I live. I even carry it to Culpepper VA on the big hunts up there. I wouldn't be without it!"
Feel free to exaggerate. LOL
Re: For T2SE owners. Are you impressed?
March 22, 2012 05:12AM
Well...I could have saved you some $ on this one. Great relic machine but just like the F75...in red dirt it is going to be inaccurate on target IDs. Coins past 6 inches or so....automatically go down to iron range. Motion all metal is the way to go with it.
March 22, 2012 03:49PM
Thanks Daniel. I am surprised that their are no other T2 owners out there. But back to you Daniel, since you are always faithful to answer my newbie questions. I had suspected, because I had read, that this machine is the same as the F75SE, since I sold off my F75SE I figured that I would replace it with this, if for nothing else, but the greater iron range of numbers.
Oh well, the UPS man just delivered it. It's pouring rain now, but I'll hit the test garden with it. First. I'll air test it to see if I accidentally got one that hit's a clad dime at a foot. Can't never tell on assembly line produced stuff. The rain matches the mood right now about metal detecting in general. I guess it's time to save for a GPX but I'm not sure if my detecting fever is THAT hot or not. I wish that Tennessee had a Metal Detector research and development center so that they could use our dirt in VLF research and development. As for now, the deep coins will remain safe and sound.
March 22, 2012 03:52PM
Well, I had a T2 for a few years, not the LTD mind you and what Daniel said was true for me - I rarely dug anything beyond 6" and then when I got the lower frequency Omega I started to consistently dig more coins and though not deep, deeper than the T2. My ground is iron mineralized, but not super high.
March 22, 2012 07:14PM
Well, mine has acquired all of the targets in my test garden but one. That is in BP 2 tone mode. Sens 90. Disc at 0. The one that it would call iron was a 9 inch silver quarter that also troubles the AT Pro somewhat. I think I let a piece of iron trach get pitched in with it. It gives an iron tone on it. It also stuggled to hit a 6.5 inch silver dime at another area of the yard that, for some reason, is especially troublesome. But ya know, I switched to all metal mode, sense at 90, and hit everything clearly. But I know that I couldn't use that mode in an iron nail bed. But isn't the All Metals mode comparable to a pulse induction unit, as far as hearing a metal object at depth???
Crap I don't know. The ground is sopping wet here. That mak be why the T2 did so well in DISC mode. I DID notice something guys, there was one coin that the T2 picked up clearer when the coil was a half inch OFF the ground. But when I scubbed the coil, it would NOT acquire the target anywhere near as clearly and repeatable.
Maybe I need another hobby. Maybe that is why I never see metal detctorist at play around here. They gave up. They have got verything out of the ground down to 7 or 8 inches. Time to find some virgin spots. Shiloh National Military Park is 8 miles away. That's not a long drive! I bet there's a bullet or two left over there in the ground.
March 22, 2012 09:27PM
Oh it is a great unit but nevertheless, it does have its problems in bad ground unless you utilize the all metal portion of it. Where most people get in trouble is trusting ID numbers and tones anyway. There is a ton of audio info that you can acquire from the all metal side of the T2 and F75. They are one of the very few units that actually have a very very huntable all metal mode in them...very rock solid and a ton of audio info. You can size up the objects and with a super fast recovery speed, I can tell a nail from a coin or bullet even though they ID close to the same in the ground via numbers. The audio profile for them is very different and you lose all of that info via discriminate mode. Unless it is totally odd ball shaped, when I was running the T2 and F75 I could tell a nail from good non ferrous object via sound in all metal at least 90% of the time. They are IMO, still one of the very best VLF machines for red dirt. The problem is, here locally I have convinced all my hunting buddies of this and now they are believers.

One guy that I just started hunting with a couple of months ago, was a diehard Tesoro guy. He said he could find anything with his Vaquero that I could find and thus when we started hunting together I was proving my "bullet magnet" nickname and he was getting very frustrated with his detector. He was already running his in all metal and had totally bypassed disc mode all together....and on the 6-8 inch bullets, he wasn't hearing anything at all. He simply couldn't believe what he was seeing. He found a used T2 and asked if that would be a good unit...all I told him was that his finds would quadruple with it vs what he was currently using. I don't think he rightly believed me...he had been with me relic hunting a few times and had found 4 bullets total out of several hours logged in with me. In his first hunt with the T2 with me, he dug 10 down at my bullet site in just an hour and a half. His next hunt was at a new spot and he dug a few drops and a j-hook. He is now in love with that thing lol
March 22, 2012 09:56PM
I would expect the T2SE to hit a Quarter at least 12" on an air test. Wasn't the T2 able to do that?
March 25, 2012 11:15PM
I have a T2se & I think it's a good machine for relic hunting. I use the 15"/12" SEF coil on it, It eats brass, copper & lead. Before I got this machine I used Fisher CZ's, I don't think the T2se have quite the depth of my CZ's but makes up for it with coverage. Iv'e found alot of old coppers & civil war buttons with the T2se, It's very sensitive to small things, Allmost too sensitive. I find .22 cal bullets all the time & old lead heads off of roofing nails. I like it a an alternitive to my CZ's & use it alot.
March 27, 2012 02:13PM
yeah i like my T2 SE but when i compare it with my Deus there is little in it ,so the featherweight gets the first grab .
but i dont plan on selling it ,can never have too many machines as you know
March 27, 2012 02:17PM
diggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah i like my T2 SE but when i compare it with my
> Deus there is little in it ,so the featherweight
> gets the first grab .
> but i dont plan on selling it ,can never have too
> many machines as you know

What type of ground are you digging in DIGGERS??? I am very curious if my Tennessee red dirt will equalize the Deus as it seems to equalize every other hi end unit. By "equalize" I mean, after seven inches, clear TDI readings and clear repeatable signals become iffy. Those are general words but my typing finger is sore.
March 27, 2012 05:53PM
UK soil can be clayey and mineralised too ,loamey and acidic as well . i dont know too much about red dirt ,does it have an high iron content ?
we dont have red dirt in the UK .AFAIK
March 28, 2012 01:37PM
Had an early T2 and was a nice unit but to get depth along came the EMI which I also found to be the problem with F series units.

Heck all we have here in Pa. is coal dirt and from what I understand some of those clays down South arer awful tough to get any depth or stability in..

Again above mentioned units are fast, light and large ID units with many capabilities but in my neck of the woods the EMI drove me bonkers..