Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cz3d, IS OLD AS GOOD AS NEW

Posted by Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cz3d, IS OLD AS GOOD AS NEW
March 25, 2012 02:15PM
Yesterday I hunted an old farm with a few guys, built 1900, now a modern homesite on acrerage. The detector break down was; my CZ3D, an At Pro, F75, Whites?, Cortes. I ran the 8" coil, sens @4, disc @1,This place was peppered with tiny iron, I had a constant iron chatter as did everyone except the AT Pro. Well, I ended with more coins than everyone, (almost $6, including 5 Sac dollars), and way less iron junk, sometimes covering ground just hunted by the others. The CZ did it job well, I slowed way down till I got a repeatable signal(enhanced mode) then rotated around the target as Tom suggests in his video, if I got more than one or two iron grunts I moved on. Keeping the disc at 1 so I could hear the iron was definitely key. I dug a couple plugs that had pieces of iron with the coins. The interesting thing was that no old coins were dug, not even a wheaty. My quess is we are getting to much iron masking, and the coins we did dig were in the same stata(or above) as the iron and not below it as the older coins probably are. We have been invited back, so I'm going to rethink my set up(maybe 5" coil?). When we finshed the day and laid out our finds, I was impressed with my old technology Cz's performance when up against the two newer machines that were piloted by veteran hunters. I've only had the CZ for about 6 months now, but its fast becoming my favorite. Thanks to all here who posted the tips and info on this great machine. Beach
Re: Cz3d, IS OLD AS GOOD AS NEW
March 25, 2012 03:55PM
Hello Beach,
I'm glad to hear that you are swinging a CZ3D and liking it.
The beauty of the CZ3D is that it gives you the ability to not waste valuable hunting time digging junk. I rarely hardley ever dig screw or crown caps.
Square and pull tabs are easily identified. After you become fully accustomed to the CZ3D's tones and remember what the detector is telling you, the fun meter stays pegged because your confidence level will be at maximum. I can only tell you that the more you use it, the more you will want to use it. You'll hunt by sound alone and rarely even look at the meter. Analog still rules. The CZ3D is like a vintage brut muscle car of detectors. One last thing, Toms video is a must if you want to learn quickly and hone your hunting skills to a whole new level.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 03:58PM by Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant.
March 25, 2012 06:36PM
Seems like fill dirt may be a problem and old coins may be really deep....next time out up the sens. to a hair under 5, ground balance by bobbing spot on and just accept the high coins facet and above all swing real slow and see if you can coax out a silver....Remember to put volume and sens. at max when balancing so you can balance spot on.
Sometimes just listening for that low telltale hightone of silver can make a difference...and if you get an iffie dig a 4-5 inch plug to see if target gets better...if pinpoint seems to move once you have dug the plug move on as its a nail to the side of the hole. Good luck and yep a 5 inch coil may be the answer also as CZ's are easily masked even though coil for coil deep as any...good luck and keep us posted.....
March 25, 2012 10:13PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Dan I ran the sens just under 5 as much as I could, but had to reduce it in most areas due to the iron chatter. Vol and sens at max during GBing always. We did learn later that there had been some fill brought in in some places.