Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Buying detectors...

Posted by connortn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Buying detectors...
March 26, 2012 01:59PM
I like that this is an ad free site and is not supported by any manufacture or business of detectors. Gives it a more honest feel :-)

Where do some of you guys and gals buy from that has good service and maybe offer package prices for detector, extra coil and pro-pointer? I'm looking at maybe adding a Garrett AT Pro to my CZ3D as a back up for those spots that are a nightmare of iron nails.
Re: Buying detectors...
March 26, 2012 04:38PM
Richard at Backwoods detectors and Bart at Bigboys often give the best package prices. Always email them for lowest prices. But there are many others too. they are the ones I go to.

Tom in SC
March 26, 2012 05:41PM
Windy City Detectors. good service and Ron is a nice guy too.
March 26, 2012 05:59PM
I will second Richard @ Backwoods. If your around houston, ck with Metal Detecting Stuff, really good guys.
March 26, 2012 06:23PM
My old dealers have all moved on...Ron Dugger w/Dixie, Brian w/Southern Treasures, and now Mr. Bill w/Surfscanners. I bought a lot from Ron and Mr. Bill.

Now I like Larry at NWI, Chuck at Clevengers.
Richard at Backwoods is good, too.

I haven't bought anything from Bart/Bigboys yet, though I've tried, but he seems like a good guy.

Good luck.

HH
Mike
March 26, 2012 06:26PM
I've have purchased from both Bart and Mike. Great guys. Both of them. Good prices.
March 26, 2012 06:43PM
I have purchased from Bart @ Big Boys Hobbies...guick and simple, no problems at all.
March 26, 2012 09:41PM
Bart has given me some good deals. He seems to be around one of the forums all the time. He also responds to my emails very quickly. To put it another way he gives good prices and he busts his butt working the circuit.
Best price
March 26, 2012 10:53PM
I bought a sizeable package from New england detectors 2 months ago. They blew everyone away on price, but they do not communicate well.
Re: Best price
March 27, 2012 02:59AM
Thanks guys. I emailed New England and then visited Richards site at Backwoods, but he is in Tennessee where I live and I would have the extra expense of paying 9.5% sales tax. I emailed Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and he responded within minutes with a very good price. He was out of the pro pointer and headphone adapter, so I'll try another place for those.

Thank you guys for helping out.
March 27, 2012 03:09AM
I have bought many detectors from Bigboyshobbies.com, from Bart Davis the proprieter, and he has ALWAYS served me up the best prices!!!!
I bought a CZ-3D from Tom Dankowski that he had done his thing too and I felt that he gave me a great price PLUS he threw in a hang-up poster of the shuttle PLUS one of his INLAND instructional DVD's which NO detectorists should be without. That DVD has been THE NUMBER ONE most helpful learning tool in my detectorists arsenal.