Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detech Ultimate 13" DD coil

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detech Ultimate 13" DD coil
March 29, 2012 02:25AM
Thought this might be of interest to some of you guys as there has been some talk on the 13" DD Ultimate coil.------I received an email answer today (3/28) from Kellyco to my query about if they would be selling the 13" DD Ultimate coil.-----It read as follows: Del----Sorry Kellyco will not be selling the Ultimate 13" coils---Thank you---------John Burrows, Sales Consultant, Kellyco Metal Detectors---------I find that interesting as after I got that email, I thought to pull up their webpage and they have that coil listed (with pictures) for Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics, Whites & Garrett detectors.-----------What gives????----Maybe the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing????? grin-----------------Del
Re: Detech Ultimate 13" DD coil
March 29, 2012 09:39AM
I saw it on their web page also. And yes it is almost 400.00. I think they need to do some things differently.
March 29, 2012 11:29AM
I paid $236 for mine and well worth it!
March 29, 2012 12:07PM
Frank tell us more. Were did you get it and what machine are you using it on.
Thanks Mike
March 30, 2012 01:36AM
Yes I would like one too. I bought an NEL Tornado coil for my Omega but I ordered it from their US dealer in Texas, and they said they were expecting LONG delays because of a mailing strike over there. They wanted to know if I wanted to continue to wait or get a refund for my money. They make a Ultimate 13" coil for the Omega that I would like to have but if it's going to be 40+ days and still waiting on the coil, I don't want to be in that position.
March 30, 2012 04:03AM
JW (Kellyco) just made a statement (about 7 hrs. ago) on the feedback forum at Findmall that Kellyco now has the 13" DD Ultimate coils in stock for the above mentioned detectors.----I don't know what's going on with Kellyco---I get this email from John Burrows stating that Kellyco isn't even going to sell those coils.----Seems the Kellyco staff ought to get their heads together on what they are selling (or not selling).---------Del
March 30, 2012 11:23AM
kelly co price is $399 compared to $236 i paid.
March 30, 2012 08:40PM
I remember about two years ago the big SEF coils were marked at outrageous prices at KCO. There was a shortage and they took advantage. Not much has changed in my opinion. But then again people should know how much to spend on a coil. I have bought things from them in the past. I have always had good service. I guess on certain items you need to do your homework.
March 31, 2012 01:40PM
I sent a message to JW at Kelly co about price difference and he replied that they did not put sale price on these coils yet. JW is the only person i deal with at Kelly CO.
March 31, 2012 06:32PM
Frank in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sent a message to JW at Kelly co about price
> difference and he replied that they did not put
> sale price on these coils yet. JW is the only
> person i deal with at Kelly CO.

Well, I think Kellyco is going to have to get realistic with their prices if they expect to sell any of these things.----New "toy" out on the (U.S.) market and wild prices.----Wonder when they will get the black ones in! grin
March 31, 2012 07:10PM
Scotch Brite pad and black spray paint = white coil fix.

Scuff it up with the Scotch Brite pad so the new paint will stick to it. Give it a couple coats, and problem solved.

I actually like florescent colors on my coils. Running the Excalibur II got me liking that.
March 31, 2012 08:36PM
They also make a spray paint specifically for vinyl.
April 01, 2012 06:23PM
I sent an email to the guy selling them on eBay and got this reply back from him. I asked about shipping times on the coils for the U.S and stated there were conflicting reports on a strike over there and shipping times. This was the reply I got back:

Hi Daniel!
Yes indeed there are problems shipping to the U.S. and Canada! Just changed the rules!
Buy from:
[www.kellycodetectors.com]
We do not want to sell to the U.S. and Canada!
Best Wishes!
Sincerely Svetoslav!

So there ya go. They must really be having problems...they changed their bidding rules for the remaining coils on eBay and wont ship to the U.S. or Canada. Looks like Kellyco just cornered that market. I tell ya what...if any of our foreign friends want to help out, I'll pay a little extra over the price of the coil and cover shipping cost too. I'd still come out better than paying $400 for the same coil from Kellyco.
April 01, 2012 10:17PM
I have read on various forums where people have filed a complaint against that individual because they never recieved their coil. Most were faced with a time limit to file so it became their only course of action. But the guy still has 100% positive feedback. What is the deal with that? And I'm not spending that kind of money on a coil at KCO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 10:18PM by goodmore.
April 01, 2012 10:36PM
Daniel - I have ordered 2 coils from neighboring countries here in Germany. One came straight to my door and another went to customs. That one cost me an extra $50 in tax plus 3 hours of time. Now, shipping to America will involve more tax, more shiping, more delays still, etc. I had though of doing just what you suggested but it is too problematic and risky and throw on top of that problems in shipping, having to front the money for a multiple coil purchase, etc. Sorry I wish I could help but there has to be a better way.

I do think Kellyco will drop prices.
April 02, 2012 01:04AM
I hope they do as well but I don't think it's likely if they have the market cornered on it. If they are our only way of getting coils in the US...then they can charge what they want to. I still wont pay $400 for a coil though...no matter how good it is.
April 02, 2012 01:47AM
How about Joan Allen?
March 28, 2013 02:02PM
Unless I'm reading the Kellyco site wrong they have the coil on sale for 199.95. Is this the coil?
March 28, 2013 04:34PM
I bought the ultimate 13 incher for my F75SE black about a month ago from Kellyco for two hundred plus 10 bucks for shipping. It was delivered in four days. Still winter here in central Wisconsin but starting to thaw now. I have done a little air testing in my metal pole building and as far as air testing goes I am impressed. Their is no iron rod in the floor as I used fiber glass instead it hold the concrete together but there are some random nails under the floor. Bottom line here is I got a good GB and freq setting and started with a moderately high set of settings and it was above my expentations! Continued on with higher an higher settings and it still was very stable. Very impressed with the air tests. Did some coins and various ferrous targets together setups and was again very satisfied with the results. I have the 5 inchDD, and the 11inch DD and this 12 x13 DD is going to complete my coil set. As soon as the ground thaws in a week or two I will get it out for a hunt and post my results.

ArtWI
March 28, 2013 05:42PM
Yep all the ultimate 13" coils are $199.95
March 28, 2013 09:34PM
Pity our friend from Bulgaria on E Bay cannot supply you guys in US, he is great to deal with. I am based in Europe and ordered from him...great price, 6 day recorded delivery.
The coil is worth every penny with choice of black or white, it goes deep on my E Trac and gives great seperation in iron infested sites.
This is just my opinion as a very satisfied customer....hopefully the US dealers get their act together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2013 09:36PM by Pullringking.
March 28, 2013 09:51PM
Just bought a Sovereign GT from Kelleyco and added that coil for $150, but it is on back order. The sale price was at $179.99 but got a discount on the coil for buying both together.