Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm a wuss, I tell you.

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'm a wuss, I tell you.
April 06, 2012 04:13AM
Was selling my DEUS due to a temporary 'cash flow' issue. Had a local guy yesterday offer me what I paid for it. So I'm thinking I'll call him back today. Well..not so fast.....

Another fellow, whom I had contact with a few weeks ago, emailed me. It turns out that he really wants one. It would be perfect for him since his back pain has made him disabled for the last 6 years. I guess you guys know where I'm going with this.

He doesn't have any cash to offer but has some detectors to trade. It's a good deal for me, but I would have to sell 1 or 2 of the detectors to get the money I need now to fix my truck. This gentleman's enthusiasm for metal detecting reminded me so much of my long time hunting partner, Jerry James, of new Franklin, MO. Jerry was a dear friend who passed away last June. He was the nicest person one could ever meet and took me on my first official relic hunt. So I asked myself 'what would Jerry do'?

I guess the truck will have to wait.
Re: I'm a wuss, I tell you.
April 06, 2012 04:49AM
You sound like a really nice person!---I think you already know what you are going to do/got the answer to your question.-----Let your conscience be your guide!
April 06, 2012 05:07AM
I'm with D&P
April 06, 2012 08:03AM
Nice to do the right thing and help your brother out! Hopefully you can turn around the other detectors to get your truck fixed.

Nice...
April 06, 2012 12:57PM
Always said lots of nice guys in our ranks....tip of the hat for a good decision.......now whats your evaluation of the Deus....
April 06, 2012 02:42PM
Nice story. Good luck with your truck... it'll get fixed and you'll feel good about it.
April 06, 2012 03:03PM
Impressive show of kindness, sir!

Kudos to you...

Steve
April 06, 2012 05:58PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always said lots of nice guys in our ranks....tip
> of the hat for a good decision.......now whats
> your evaluation of the Deus....

Probably the best all around detector I've ever used. Very easy to use, super flexible, ultra light weight. I love the adjustable tones/breakpoints.

That being said, I never used it in 'bad' ground. Nor did I get a real god chance to learn it. Eventually, I'm getting another one.
April 06, 2012 06:38PM
No matter what We do in life ...It's always best to do what We know is the most benevolent...

Good gesture on your part Sir!

Keith