Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I feel the need to correct something that I said

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I feel the need to correct something that I said
April 08, 2012 09:44PM
Okay, first of all, I have always been an exaggerator. I have struggled with that tendency every since deciding to live according to a higher standard. This has to do with me saying that my AT Pro air test a silver dime at 12 inches. Well, it does.......BUT ONLY in Pro Zero mode with iron disc not run up at all. At twelve inches it will give a very faint, but repeatable, hi tone at just under 12 inches. More like 11 7/8 inches I guess. But when I run the iron disc up to 27, where the square nails chirp, the same silver dime will air test at just under 11 inches. I am posting this after air testing and then repeating the test. I apologize for giving the impression that my AT Pro will flat out air test a silver dime with an easlily heard repeatable hit tone signal at any setting.
Re: I feel the need to correct something that I said
April 08, 2012 10:09PM
Well Kevin, if you hadn't just corrected yourself and made this post, I would not have known that running the iron disc up would reduce the AT's ability to detect deeper, so I appreciate it. Now I wonder if my readings are correct in my post :-) I ran the AT in Pro mode and zero, but I didn't look closely to see if the iron disc was in use or not.

Still, 11 inch dime is nothing to sneeze at! Best I can do is 10.5" with sen at max and GB dropped 20 points. Same settings with the 5 X 8 coil gives me 9". I "did" find my GMC truck at 49" thou! If I lose it, all I need is my AT Pro and the general area it was last seen :-)
April 09, 2012 12:44AM
so what you are saying is if I run my AT Pro in Pro Zero mode with iron disc at 0 not at 31 where I usually run it and sens all the way up , it might detect deeper, is the iron disc on or off, thanks
April 09, 2012 12:49AM
I can say without a hitch of a doubt that Kevin is 100% correct. Open the AT Pro all the way and you'll be hitting those silver dimes at 8 and 9 inches in the dirt. Slow down your swing or you will miss those soft soft sweet signals. Oh and use the 8.5x11 DD coil.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
April 09, 2012 02:18AM
All I can tell you is....after I went over a park in Pro mode 40 discrim I got alot of coins.

Then I redid it in Pro Mode 25 discrim and got more.

Then I redid it in Pro Mode, ZERO discrim, iron audio off, gridding VERY slowly and I pulled some real old 1924-1935 pennies from heavy iron patches, and alot of buttons, etc.

I never run my AT-Pro in ANY discrim anymore. And the 5x8 DD coil kills the stock coil in heavy iron btw. It's tiny, but man can it seperate.

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 02:20AM by TheGeorgiaCanuck.
April 09, 2012 02:41AM
I'm glad that there was some good information gained from my orginal post. My original intent was to come clean with you guys about exaggerating. About six and a half years ago I made a decision to start trying to live the way God wants me to live according to what I read in my Bible. Now in no way am I trying to cram my beliefs down your throat. But I am duty bound to call myself out about my tendency to exaggerate. I want my words to be believed and exaggerating the performance of my equipment for whatever reason is just wrong. It's not essy to break old habits but I'll try harder. And now that I have a new detector coming my way on Tuesday (My birthday present, my birthday is today) I want to be believed when I start a thread about the effiency of the Deus when I start hunting with it. I am also going to do some tests in my test garden and report them here with full details. All of this for the benefit of the potential buyer. It is a lot of cash to drop at one time for a detetcor and it will be a service to my fellow forum members to report my results.
Joe
April 09, 2012 05:04AM
Happy Birthday Kevin...
April 09, 2012 05:21AM
Yep happy birthday! Appreciate the honesty. I'm afraid a lot of times people must be carrying a ruler with CM measurements on it instead of inches. Either that or they are packing some supercharged machines that nobody else can get. lol
April 09, 2012 06:00AM
Happy B-Day Kev
April 09, 2012 02:34PM
Kevin --

Happy B-Day, and I respect the way you are trying to live. It's a journey...

Steve