Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Have you ever?

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Have you ever?
April 10, 2012 02:24PM
Have you ever had a machine that you liked so much that you were afraid to use it. Afraid something would happen to it? I had the chance to purchase an older Fisher unit at a very good price. A Cz6a.
It just came back from Fisher and had been calibrated and cleaned. I put the 5" coil on and headed over to a school area where I always try a new machine out. There is an area where the kids have a bon-fire
each year during football season. It is loaded with nails from the wood that was burned. The Etrac is a constant null in this area. I checked the CZ with some coins I had in my pocket to make sure it was IDing
correctly. It was. I started out digging everthing just to make sure it was hitting on targets and giving correct ID as well. First target was pulltab, and it was a pulltab, second was tinfoil and it was can slaw.
After digging several of these type targets decided to try and find a high tone and see what it turned out to be. I hit a nice high tone that was repeatable in all directions. I hit the pinpoint button and the meter
pegged past 8" on the scale. I dug the target and at almost 9" was a 1950 wheat penny. Now this is with a 5" coil. I only have a 5" and 10.5" coil. I am now looking for a 8" coil , so if anyone has an extra one please let me know.

Tom in SC
Re: Have you ever?
April 10, 2012 02:42PM
Tom, I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your CZ. Analog is beautiful because if its simplicity. The user interface is the fastest and easiest.
The more you use your CZ, the more you will find that you are able to tell exactly what you are about to dig or not dig. Over the years I've been tempted to try other units but I am totally satisfied with the level of confidence which translates into speed at hunting. The more ground you cover (accurately), the more good targets you recover. Good Luck.