Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro Sand Shark which coil

Posted by JR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JR
Tesoro Sand Shark which coil
April 11, 2012 03:16PM
I plan to search the shallows up to about 4 feet on the east coast of Florida with a Sand Shark and I'm wondering which coil would be best. I want good depth but not at the expense of having to fight for coil control in the surf. Is the 10.5 coil much harder to control than the 8 inch? Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Tesoro Sand Shark which coil
April 11, 2012 07:32PM
My first post here, been a lurker learning for quite awhile. I can't speak directly on the SS 10" coil but can speak of the 8" one. I have a CZ-21 with a 10.5" coil and a Sovereign with the 10" Tornado coil and have used all three in the surf. The Sand Shark with the 8" coil almost feels like there is nothing on the end of the shaft compared to the other two coils. I would think that the 10" coil on the Sand Shark would not be much different, the coils are very thin and do not have the resistance in the water compared to the Fisher and Minelab.

Cliff
April 12, 2012 01:19AM
I have never used the SS with 8 inch coil but I have used the 10.5 inch coil and I didn't have any problems controling it.
April 12, 2012 02:34AM
Correct. On a CZ....... I only/exclusively hunt the water with the 8" CZ coil...... and not the 10.5" coil. I'm fairly strong....... with good endurance; yet, the 10.5" CZ coil is a bit too much for water hunting in shallow surf. Fresh water lakes whereby the water does not move....... is a (somewhat) different story.
JR
April 12, 2012 08:21PM
Thanks for the advice.
JR