Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ6 & CZ3D vs F75SE

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher CZ6 & CZ3D vs F75SE
April 12, 2012 06:51AM
Ok been looking to get another detector. Just sold my Trusty DFX - I had a love hate relationship with the DFX and Just wanted to try something different and LIGHTER.
Been thinking really hard about Fisher products. The F75 has a great following and is easy to swing from what I heard. The CZ3D and older CZ6 also have a great reputation and are also hip mountable making them also very easy to swing. So facing the decision of an F75 or a CZ which way would you go and why.

Ok here are a few more variables I like coins and mostly older coins but I am not above digging a penny even a zincoln . I hunt parks fields schools would not mind hunt older sites as well.

Your insight will be appreciated.
Re: Fisher CZ6 & CZ3D vs F75SE
April 12, 2012 07:34AM
Welcome!! You will get your answers. Lots of owners here of the aforementioned detectors. I own the Omega (with the 11" DD coil), so I will not comment. Although you did mention your primarily a coinshooter (hint, hint). As I am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 07:40AM by TerraDigger.
April 12, 2012 10:45AM
Hi Bryannagirl good to have you here.
99% of my hunting is for old coins, relics being second.
I have both machines (3d & f-75, older units). I use the 3d for low trash areas like farm fields, woods. The 3d is a tad deeper than my 75.
The 75, I use for everything else. If I had to choose one of them it would be the 75...I think it's more of an all around unit. It is much faster..... better seperation at nail/iron infested sites.
wjs
April 12, 2012 08:11PM
I would put the Omega in the mix too........
April 12, 2012 10:31PM
Since you danced with the DFX and found it too heavy and a tweakers nightmare would recommend the F series as its light, moderately deep, has excellent meter resolution along with being fast...(Research Tom's articles on F series as lots of info).

Tough to beat A CZ for raw depth but digging those deep holes will put a beating on those manicured nails and imagine the weight might be a deterent and well body mounting is a lot different than hunting using a rod mount....
April 14, 2012 02:52AM
"Ok here are a few more variables I like coins and mostly older coins but I am not above digging a penny even a zincoln . I hunt parks fields schools would not mind hunt older sites as well." ........................that statement screams cz3d!!!!!!

but........the f75 is the most comfortable(lightwieght and well ballanced) detector i have ever used!!! i think i would recomend you get a f75 with the boost process and keep your eyes open for a documented/ tested/ validated cz3d. and you will end up with two great machines.
April 14, 2012 08:27AM
Correct!
April 14, 2012 04:35PM
Funny you say that there is a CZ3d on EBAY that has been through Toms gifted hands not to long ago I will see how high it will go not sure what a good price on a CZ3d should be though. I have found a CZ70 PRO on Craig's List that looks Cherry. I understand those are not bad either. I think the suggestion of two machines sounds like a good idea. Also have my eye on a CZ6 with three coils but is not as cherry as the 70 Pro or 3d

Thanks for the input so far

Bryanna
April 14, 2012 04:50PM
What is your ground like as far as mineralization go? What is the iron level like? I think that has a large impact on what machine is right for you. In low mineralized soil, I would take the F75, but...

The Omega as another mentioned, performs very well and it was my go to machine for coins in my iron mineralized and iron infested soil (here in Germany). I preferred it, as many have said, over the T2/F75 on coins. Now I use the E-Trac but miss the Omega's weight. The two are very close on depth.
April 14, 2012 06:54PM
That is my CZ3D detector up for sale. It should be a good one. I originally purchased it for my father. He can no longer swing a detector because of shoulder problems and severe deafness. He still watches when I get out. He still has all the coins and artifacts we found years ago. Time moves too quickly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 09:40PM by tracyjm.
April 15, 2012 02:16AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since you danced with the DFX and found it too
> heavy and a tweakers nightmare would recommend the
> F series as its light, moderately deep, has
> excellent meter resolution along with being
> fast...(Research Tom's articles on F series as
> lots of info).
>
> Tough to beat A CZ for raw depth but digging those
> deep holes will put a beating on those manicured
> nails and imagine the weight might be a deterent
> and well body mounting is a lot different than
> hunting using a rod mount....

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Actually, I think they are pretty comparable on depth. The F-75 really works well around iron-infested grounds as it has great target separation. A VDI number really adds alot more info. to the dig question as well.
F-75 has "fast grab" ground balance as well. No more playing with dials and much more accurate (at least it should be).
Last, but not least the ergonomics of the F-75 make it a pleasure to swing (so very light).
You really can't go wrong with either machine. Both do a great job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 02:20AM by Coilfishing.
April 16, 2012 03:24AM
You can take my Cz3d when you pry it from my cold dead fingers
April 17, 2012 02:32AM
Darn I just stuck a fork in a Minelab Safari. - It is nice to know a machines history. I wish I was more cash flushed because I think the Safari is not the best gun for all Targets and a CZ may be a great complenting detector to go along with the Safari.

thanks for letting me know

tracyjm Wrote:
> That is my CZ3D detector up for sale. It should be
> a good one. I originally purchased it for my
> father. He can no longer swing a detector because
> of shoulder problems and severe deafness. He still
> watches when I get out. He still has all the coins
> and artifacts we found years ago. Time moves too
> quickly...
April 18, 2012 04:35AM
Bryannagirl Wrote:
> Ok been looking to get another detector. Just sold
> my Trusty DFX - I had a love hate relationship
> with the DFX and Just wanted to try something
> different and LIGHTER.
> Been thinking really hard about Fisher products.
> The F75 has a great following and is easy to swing
> from what I heard. The CZ3D and older CZ6 also
> have a great reputation and are also hip mountable
> making them also very easy to swing. So facing the
> decision of an F75 or a CZ which way would you go
> and why.
>
> Ok here are a few more variables I like coins and
> mostly older coins but I am not above digging a
> penny even a zincoln . I hunt parks fields
> schools would not mind hunt older sites as well.
>
> Your insight will be appreciated.

f-75 has more options and can be tweeked for various sites.
it's lightweight for all day hunting,and packs a serious punch!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 19, 2012 04:12AM
Hello and welcome * it would be hard 2 beat detectorists F75 se deal, I offered my gold bug2 and 350$, said he needed cash,and I already have a T2 that is 3rd on my go 2 list behind cz-5 and 3d<>F75 might change that?What is Tom's go 2 detector? Depends on where he is hunting i would guess? HH rr7
April 19, 2012 08:25AM
Bryannagirl Wrote:
> Darn I just stuck a fork in a Minelab Safari. - It
> is nice to know a machines history. I wish I was
> more cash flushed because I think the Safari is
> not the best gun for all Targets and a CZ may be a
> great complenting detector to go along with the
> Safari.
>
> thanks for letting me know
>
> tracyjm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That is my CZ3D detector up for sale. It should
> be
> > a good one. I originally purchased it for my
> > father. He can no longer swing a detector
> because
> > of shoulder problems and severe deafness. He
> still
> > watches when I get out. He still has all the
> coins
> > and artifacts we found years ago. Time moves
> too
> > quickly...

I think you made a good choice for the money. The CZ's all have concentric coils and I think the Safari has a DD. That right there may be a huge advantage to you, especially if you encounter iron or some trash.