Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DEUS owners

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DEUS owners
April 12, 2012 02:55PM
A test for you to try. (((I just posted this to Keith in a PM........ yet, should share with others))).

Take 4 new quarters and hold them together. Compress them VERY firmly between two fingers...... and wave in front of DEUS coil....... and close to the coil.

Report results here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 03:33PM by NASA-Tom.
Re: DEUS owners
April 12, 2012 03:04PM
I'll guess, iron.
My Etrac does the same thing with 8 silver halves, actually my AT Pro will read iron too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 03:57PM by markg.
April 12, 2012 03:36PM
Don't own one but for the price one would think it should add.....Thus...

4 quarters equal one dollar......
April 12, 2012 04:40PM
Tried it in both 4K and 18K Hz...

4K: VDI single= ~83, VDI four= ~89
18K: VDI single= ~93m VDI four = ~98

Seems to be adding.

Regards, Joe (California)
April 12, 2012 05:49PM
You have to hold the targets together in such a way that the detector will read them electrically as one target. I do a test simular to this to find out where the cut off is for high conductors and to get some idea as to how they designed it to function.

Does it report to the very edge of the high conductive range and then roll over to iron audio or does it go silent first? How far past 99 will it go before it reports as iron? Will it report the rollover as a stacatto audio or will it go full iron audio.

For most people the answers don't mean anything. But for those who hunt in high mineralization you need to know as the the minerals will boost the high conductive targets into (and sometimes past) that roll over area.

If Dr JoePrime is doing the test correctly, it appears that the Deus is designed with a choke on the high end.

HH
Mike
April 12, 2012 06:30PM
Hey Tom...

Here's the break down..

18Khz-No report
12Khz-98 i.d with ocassional no report double dash I.D.
8Khz-95 i.d
4Khz-91 i.d

The T2 SE same report as the 12Khz DEUS 98 with occasional grunt.

Keith
April 12, 2012 06:36PM
Try it with whites XL Pro. If i remember correctly it did read 1.00
April 12, 2012 08:04PM
Keith,
Add a nice size silver ring to the quarters. I'd like to know if it rolls over or stays silent and what it sounds like if it does roll over.

There are pro's and con's about the silence. Mostly looked at a con, though.

HH
Mike
April 13, 2012 03:58PM
What got this strted is I was asking Tom why the DEUS seems to be blind to certain target's...

The traget's in question is is the iron..Alot of it is just not there...The large pieces will wrap around to 98 but alot of iron will disappear ...

I notice it when working through iron...it seems to report alot less iron than what is actually there ...

Keith
April 13, 2012 04:57PM
It would be nice if the designer would help out or we could get more hunters from the UK to respond since they have been using it for two years..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 13, 2012 05:16PM
I haven't tried the quarter trick but I will when I get time... Keith are u running factory disc settings when not hearing iron? I had noticed that too and set up a 3 tone program with zero disc, then assigned iron the lowest tone... Seems to be alot more prevalent now, but haven't used enough to say it hits ALL iron. Also I had noticed with factory disc that the iron volume needed to be set to 5 to hear more of it.... But I didn't pay attention if it hit all iron.
April 13, 2012 05:27PM
My Deus will detect a Minie Ball at 7 and 9 inches. But the one that I buried at 8 inches, it won't detect. I don't know. I just don't know.
April 13, 2012 08:56PM
Yes............ with 4 quarters compressed together tightly with your fingers........... the DEUS will not detect them. NO audio report. This 4-quarters 'mass' is higher in conductivity than the parameters of this units design............ and also........... will not wrap around back into the iron range. This is at its primary designed operating freq (which is 18-Khz). And ....... yes,,,,,,,,,, the 12-Khz freq also has a hard time detecting and reporting 4 quarters. The lower freq's....... the audio seems to be somewhat 'clipped'........ but fully detectable.

I did notice where some iron items could not be detected. This concerns me.

Also........... just because the detector does not 'see' or 'detect' certain iron items..... does NOT mean that the electromagnetic energy from the coil can 'see through' these particular non-detectable iron implements. Masking is unchanged. Iron remains a nightmare.

Not being able to detect certain iron objects is more of a function of a Grnd Balance phase relationship.
Not being able to detect high-conductor non-ferrous items is a phase-parameter engineering platform architect.

Ironically............ the DEUS will not detect 4 quarters........... but will detect a silver eagle, a silver dollar and a pillar dollar....... all separately.
The XP GMP does not have this issue.
April 14, 2012 12:11AM
Does the F75 detect this test??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 14, 2012 12:21AM
My T2 S.E. will jump from high tone to low tone on the quarter's when in 2 tone....
My Buddy's f-75 LTD Behaves the same way...back and forth low high...

the 12Khz on the deus behaves like the 13Khz on the FT's in the test...

The 8Khz and 4 Khz DEUS really nails the quarter's quite well I might add...

Keith
April 14, 2012 12:24AM
My G2 with the 5X10 will detect the tightly held quarters on every pass with a high tone and the VID is very close to that of a single quarter. Don't know what that is worth but thought I would report it. My E-trac is in the shop but will try it when it returns.

Randy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 12:30AM by iskirkra.
April 14, 2012 12:26AM
Tom:

I ran my test inside the house with ticking and tacking from the machine.. but tightly compressing the quarters did give me both audble and visual signal. At 18K it showed 98 for every swing of about 20 swings. Could you skew the result depending on GB? [ as a side issue...what's the better direction to go on GB..a bit under or a bit over..using the Deus system of 90 is min]

I'll try this outside wuth proper GB next time with 4 and maybe 5 quarters too.

Regards, Joe (California)
April 14, 2012 12:28AM
My 75SE registers 92-95 hi-tone w 5&11" coils.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 12:33AM by Aaron.
If you pull them back far enough like 4- 5 inches they will read right...on alot of machine's...

Keith
Re: You have to get the Quarter's as close to the coil as you can without overloading...
April 14, 2012 01:22AM
On the Etrac w Procoil, the 4 quarters do not even register within 3 inches, then about 5 inches it registers as a quarter 10-45 however the sound is choppy and as pulled away.

CZ 3D 10" coil, registers as a normal hi tone

ATPro w 5x8 coil registers as normal hi tone
April 14, 2012 05:03AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't own one but for the price one would think it
> should add.....Thus...
>
> 4 quarters equal one dollar......

(lol) ha ha ha! dan,you da man!
laughed my "ass " off!.just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 14, 2012 08:37AM
(((Did I open up a can of worms)))?
April 14, 2012 10:06AM
You big trouble maker.....
April 14, 2012 11:24AM
99 out of 100 europeans will most likely test with small gold or hammered cut coins and iron and will not notice the blind spot on the upper end of the scale.

The early GB SE s had the same problem i recall and it was considered a design flaw. The E-Trac had or have the same in the normal ground selection.

Can anyone make a large silver cache disappear?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 10:23PM by frnifo.