Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Mr. Dankowski do you think the DEUS coil is tuned

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Mr. Dankowski do you think the DEUS coil is tuned
April 15, 2012 06:44AM
to a different freq than the GMP....

What I mean is the DEUS seems to work the best at 12Khz for me anyway....For overall performance...the type performcne the GMP offer's on 18Khz...
at 18 Khz it seems to be a little lacking copared to the GMP..not alot but not flowing...12Khz GMP program seems to be everybit as good as the GMP 18Khz stand alone detector..that seems to give it that little extra umph that the deus lack's in depth on 18 but makes up for on 12..

I hear the large coil is really tuned for 4Khz but can be used on any freq but aligned for 4Khz...deep hunting..

I wonder if the stock 9 inch is tuned for 12Khz ..

Just a thought...You also dont get the high conductor wrap around like the 18 freq does...

I have a feeling the machine is designed with a 12Khz base freq.

Keith
Re: Hey Mr. Dankowski do you think the DEUS coil is tuned
April 15, 2012 09:13AM
This could very well be the case; however, I found depth (test-garden..... and real-world) to be at its best............. on both low and high conductors...... with 18-Khz. I also found the best unmasking abilities to be exclusively with 18-Khz.......... and.......... once again........... this goes for both low conductors (a nickel)....and high conductors (a dime). All of the other available frequencies on the DEUS seem to tolerate/work fairly well with the existing stock coil.

Interesting that the large coil would be tuned/resonant for the 4-Khz range.................. as.................... you would NOT (primarily) be interested in "best unmasking abilities" with a larger coil...................... rather........................ you would be seeking for max depth capabilities. A coil specifically tuned for 4-Khz in concert/coupled with a detector deliberately configured/designed for 4-Khz operation............... is a double-positive.
Re: Hey Mr. Dankowski do you think the DEUS coil is tuned
April 15, 2012 01:04PM
From my couple of hunts with trial and error I keep being drawn to the 12 Khz frquency. It lights up the targets near iron and it does not find as much micro stuff as the 18 Khz. 8 Khz seems to be too quiet. But this frequency is my second favorite. A good one in heavy heavy iron. And 4 Khz just seems lacking in the sensitivity department.