Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New 5" DD Coil Post...TOM?

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New 5" DD Coil Post...TOM?
February 14, 2009 01:26AM
I read on a post that they are taking pre orders on a 5 DD coil for the F75 and F70...So Tom what does that mean to you? I know you love the standard coil and would love a bigger coil but what if they wound this little bugger real tight would it have a better way to unmask in iron?

Would it navagate better in trash/iron be hotter?

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2009 04:11PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: New 5" DD Coil Post...TOM?
February 14, 2009 02:09PM
And I wonder if it could ID bottle caps better than the standard coil?
February 14, 2009 03:32PM
I have used the small coil that came out last year and it may help in tight spots and in over grown areas. I didn't think it was as good as the DD the 11" but it may have helped a bit...it is still a coil I use in real trashy areas even if the area is large.

But a neww DD for trash and iron may be a new way of adding to the features of the F75. Since the machine has been out for awhile now and maybe the person/persons that designed this new coil took it to the next level it could give the F75 one more push to help us find the stuff that is hiding. Now it would be nice to have depth also.

We will see I will get one when I read a bit more info on it and give it a try and I will be very honest about my findings...it is nice to see that fisher is adding to the F75 maybe they are buying more time till the new machines comes out??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

February 14, 2009 03:45PM
Initial field test reports indicate this small DD coil on the F70/F75 will pull targets out of thick iron and is a must have for all F75/70 users.

It also is doing a great job on any size gold nugget, and the depth is awesome!

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

February 14, 2009 03:51PM
Been in the 'works' for a while.
February 14, 2009 04:10PM
And you never told us? What do you know, now that the cat is out of the bag? Is it going to make unmasking any better or will it be test first and talk latter?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

February 15, 2009 10:56AM
As Col. Klink would say; "I KNOW NOTHING"!
CONFUSED again
February 15, 2009 03:19PM
i was led to believe this 6" elicp. coil was a DD. - F75

it that incorrect?

m

Re: CONFUSED again
February 15, 2009 04:11PM
You are wrong no DD on your coil so if you like it you will love the new coil

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

February 16, 2009 02:18AM
Folks, the small elliptical (concentric) coil correctly IDs bottle caps! If the new DD coil does not, it's not for me.
February 16, 2009 01:34PM
Lawrenzo,

It sounds like you own a new 5" DD coil. FILL US IN WITH INFO!!!
the new 5" DD is a hot little coil!!!
February 16, 2009 09:40PM
it gets VERY VERY good separation......and the depth is suprising for such a little DD.its REAL hot on tiny low condusctors too. I DIDNT like the little concentric shooter Ft had released for the F75/F70 a while back, as the 11" DD got better separation and performance for Me in my cellar hole type sites. I DO like the new 5" though.....and predict its gonna get a lot of use!! Streak!
February 16, 2009 10:16PM
Actually, I think it was SGT. Schultz.

Ron
Re: the new 5" DD is a hot little coil!!!
February 18, 2009 05:17PM
Streak! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it gets VERY VERY good separation......and the
> depth is suprising for such a little DD.its REAL
> hot on tiny low condusctors too. I DIDNT like the
> little concentric shooter Ft had released for the
> F75/F70 a while back, as the 11" DD got better
> separation and performance for Me in my cellar
> hole type sites. I DO like the new 5"
> though.....and predict its gonna get a lot of
> use!! Streak!

How well does the new 5" DD coil correctly ID bottlecaps?
I'll have to check that out..........
February 19, 2009 09:44PM
Honestly, I RARELY frequent places where crown caps are plentiful, prefering older colonial type sites. I tend to dig everything as well, so 100% correct ID's arent too important to me.(other than Ferrous VS Non-Ferrous) I'll have to scrounge a few caps up, and see what they sound like..............BUT, I suspect it wont ID as good as the little concentric Shooter coil will. I'm personally more interested in separation/ co-located target performance! Streak!
February 22, 2009 01:57AM
Anyone know the Depth of the 5" DD vs the 6" eliptical...The 5" might be an advantage in the creek beds..james..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 01:58AM by liquid1.
February 22, 2009 04:37AM
Depth is not always the way I judge a small coil but you can bet it is as deep as the six inch coil what is does is it sees around iron and trash better then the standard coil. Yes it is a tiny coil and can't be used in most places less you have the time to swing and hardly move. But for high trash or iron it can really do a better job then the standard coil.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

depth with the 5"DD is not as good as the 6" concentric....
February 22, 2009 06:27PM
BUT.......I wouldnt expect it to be. Push comes to shove, concentrics size for size will pretty much ALWAYS be deeper than DD's.
The true value of the 5" DD is its separation abilities, NOT raw depth, and thats exactly WHY I've foamed at the mouth for it for sooo long. Many of my sites are early colonial sites where targets are not particularly deep, but laced with small iron. While the 11" stock coil does very very well in this enviroment, its length limits it effectiveness. The 5" DD overcomes that limitation, and will probably be MY coil of choice in the type of site I hunt. I cant WAIT for a good thaw here so I can get in some "in the field" evaluation time.. Streak!