Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does the Blisstool have any Discrimination?

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Does the Blisstool have any Discrimination?
April 21, 2012 12:33AM
I am totally new to the Blisstool type of machine. I'll tell ya one thing: the videos have been very impressive and I don't think that any of the videos had any skullduggery involved with them. But how about hunting among moderate trash. I don't mean a carpet of nails. But can slaw, and other modern trash one might find at old school lots where the coins are deep. Are there modes (like multi-tone) that will help the operator distinguish between trash and good stuff. Just curious. I have to say, I am impressed with this machine. Especially how it performed at Culpepper in the red-hot dirt!! That is all.
wjs
Re: Does the Blisstool have any Discrimination?
April 21, 2012 12:40AM
This is the reply I got....

At full discrimination, you will knock out foil and small tin but all other non ferrous targets that read higher will be detected. The Blisstool does a great job at knocking out iron but I would not recommend it for a trashy park that is littered with pull tabs.
April 21, 2012 12:48AM
In an earlier post I asked:
The Blisstool sure seems to have superior depth. But I for one will have to pass on it. The parks, schools, yards, etc that I hunt have way too much aluminum trash.
As I understand there is no way to discriminate these out with the Blisstool.

barryny replied:
That is correct Lipservice - the Blisstool is NOT for you. As a matter of fact the website for the USA distributor states so on the demonstration page. How many detector manufacturers tell you upfront that they don't want you to buy their machine if it's NOT for your detecting conditions?:

That being said an old golf course I have been detecting has very deep coins in it, and not that much aluminum trash. I wonder how the Blisstool would handle it. Eyes light up...
Anonymous User
April 21, 2012 08:25AM
I think you'll need a 3 iron to get to those deep hidden objects on that course...good luck unlocking the silver (and maybe some gold too)...
April 24, 2012 10:37PM
That is good to know when I can afford one!
April 25, 2012 12:43PM
Lipservice
How does one go about detecting a golf course? Wouldn't the grounds keepers get upset about plugs in the greens and fairways? Or am I an idiot and your just doing the parking lot etc?
Im curious because I have some really old golf courses around here, just never considered them as possabilitys.

Bob
Nova Scotia
Omega w 11" & 5" DD, 10" Con.
Cibola, Compadre
6000/D GEB Coinmaster
April 25, 2012 02:21PM
clamdigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lipservice
> How does one go about detecting a golf course?
> Wouldn't the grounds keepers get upset about plugs
> in the greens and fairways? Or am I an idiot and
> your just doing the parking lot etc?
> Im curious because I have some really old golf
> courses around here, just never considered them as
> possabilitys.

Bob,
It was a city golf course since 1911. Two months ago the city closed the golf course and removed the fences around it and made it part of the rest of the park (109 acre golf course). They were losing money and decided to close it. The city it is in allows metal detecting in the city parks. So 100 years of use and never a metal detector in there!
Anonymous User
April 25, 2012 02:59PM
Think of all those silver coins that were placed on the greens as ball markers and then got lost...I'd work the tee areas and all around and on the greens first...
Also - near where snack bars could have been - 18th and 9th holes...
Barry
April 25, 2012 05:26PM
Ah, now I understand. Thanks. I was having visions of dodging golf balls while swinging a detector, sort of like a "Caddy Shack" type scenario!
Good luck and HH.

Bob
Nova Scotia
Omega w 11" & 5" DD, 10" Con.
Cibola, Compadre
6000/D GEB Coinmaster
April 25, 2012 11:51PM
Club House where the Beer is sold is a hot spot as well. Most club Houses have tables outside.......

Tom in SC
April 26, 2012 01:36AM
Water hazards ... perhaps a few bent clubs at the bottom. Check out the sand traps.
April 26, 2012 10:44AM
I don't believe you'll find much on the greens but the area within ten yards should be productive. I often reach for my marker in my pocket as I walk to a green and it's not uncommon to drop a tee, a repair tool or another coin. I'll carry a seated half dime and a bust half when I play tonight. It's likely that my half dime won't be with me by the end of my golf season in October.
April 26, 2012 07:15PM
If the Blisstool had any kind of way to tell depth, it could become the go-to park machine of the year. As long as it can discriminate iron and small foil, one could simply ignore any signal say, 5 inches or shallower. Many people hunt depth this way already.

I wonder if the Blisstool would lose depth if the company added sound modulation to it.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
April 26, 2012 07:31PM
Use it like some water machines with no meter raise the coil off the ground .
Modulation would be nice.
If the Bliss gains traction over hear , some changes might come with it.
Anonymous User
April 29, 2012 01:04AM
GMAN - agreed.
April 30, 2012 02:26AM
how does the disc work?
Anonymous User
April 30, 2012 02:38AM
there are 3 different discrimination adjustments.
a toggle switch setting with 3 different levels of discrimination based on ground conditions and then 2 dial switch settings for the fine adjustments, 1 for discrimination level and 1 for discrimination depth.
i'm posting a link to their user manual because the explanation is pretty long. but please pardon the translation to English used in the manual. we will be posting instructional videos as the distribution grows in the US.
[blisstool.com]