Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

a couple of in the house air tests on the 5" DD F75/70 coil..

Posted by Streak! 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
a couple of in the house air tests on the 5" DD F75/70 coil..
February 24, 2009 10:18PM
I didnt have the time today to really do what I wanted, but did get a few minutes to do a few airtests on the New 5" DD fisher coil.
This is the First coil ever for the F75 I've been able to run WIDE open in the house, with nary a blip. I was impressed.
Settings were: JE/DE mode...........99 sens............ 0 disc....GB at factory setting (90).
Tests were with a US nickle, a Ud quarter, and a .7 DWT gold nugget.
As I said, the F75 was rock solid ( NO noise or chatter)with the 5" coil, even in my kitchen with RF interference everywhere.
I could get a nice clean signal on the US nickle at a solid 8.5 inches in De...and 9 in Je. The quarter fared pretty much exactly the same....despite its size difference.
The little nugget was suprising, coming in at a good solid 6 inches!! This is by far the farthest air test on this particular nugget I've gotten out of any machine I have.
All airtests were a bit more than I expected with this coil with its small size. I may have time thurs to play with it in a good site I have right across the road that holds lots of little iron infested Hot spots, to test separation, and see if it will produce in a well hunter out spot. more to come....but its looks like this one will be a keeper......... Streak!
Re: a couple of in the house air tests on the 5" DD F75/70 coil..
February 24, 2009 10:48PM
Once again great info Streak and a out in the field test would be very good,please keep them coming.

Take care, Mart.
February 25, 2009 03:42AM
Great info thanks..
February 25, 2009 05:07AM
Streak thanks very much for the test results. If you have a chance, could you provide the approx. measurements of your nugget (physical size)? Secondly, how does your 6 1/2" elliptical respond depthwise?

Appreciate anything you can provide Streak, with thanks,

Jim.
February 25, 2009 08:11AM
thanks Streak..
this is really good news for members of "The Small Coil Supporter Group,"
all over the world.
I am looking forward to more "eye-openers" in the future.....
Keep up thy good work and may the best of luck be with you
Happy hunting
trond
February 25, 2009 04:51PM
where did you get your coil..who is selling them?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 25, 2009 05:55PM
Good Job Streak!

It would be nice to post some comparisons between the 5" DD and the 6.5" Elliptical on different targets in air, including the dreaded steel bottle cap!
the 5" isnt on the market yet Lowboy. cant buy em yet.
February 26, 2009 01:43AM
mine is a prototype....and I'm evaluating it. Took it out for a bit this afternoon and was pretty pleased with it. It REALLY pops on low conductors. Also....there is NO question WHERE the target is with this coil. With the Stock coil, some low conductors...expecially in sites with a lot of co-located iron, were kinda vague, and hard to find the exact center. they really stand out with this coil, and are much easier to separate from the clutter. Depth in the field was very good too. Dug a few indians at 6-7" at the "reservation". Didnt dig anything deeper than that there.............but then I have never dug any coins there much deeper than that even with the 11" coil. One thing I DID notice..is that depth improves with coil speed..even in the air tests. When you got a target out to a maximum distance in an air test where its response would waver....all it took was a speed up in swing to get the target again. got a signifigant increase in depth just by speeding up the swing. It seems to Id well too, with accurate ID's on all the indians today. All were fatties....and all came in at 42-43........just like with the big coil. Felt a bit off with that tiny 5" coil on it. Was like swinging a broomstick it was so light.
It WAS a pleasure to use though. Because its a real small solid cover coil...........you could sneak it in virtually anywhere..and it didnt snag up on anything.......... In MY type of sites..that is a real relief...after fighting with the 11" catching on every little snag. I dont have much time in the field yet with this coil.....but from what I've seen so far.......I'm going to probably use it quite a bit, as I have a lot of sites where the iron and ground clutter (bushes, brush and sticks and such) is real bad. Still froze up here where its bare.so my choices of sites is slim............but its not too bad in the woods.
one thing I WAS able to do.....like in the airtests.......was run this coil WIDE open in the site I was at today. Thats 99 sens........"0" disc....and JE mode. NO falsing. NO chatter. Ran quite smooth in fact.

Hopefully.....more to come! Streak!
Re: the 5" isnt on the market yet Lowboy. cant buy em yet.
February 26, 2009 02:57AM
Thank for the info and it seems that Fisher has done it right with everything they have put into the F75. A small coil that really works well and being a DD tells me that the F75 has everything going for it now. I will just wait and see if maybe they will tighten the coil up a bit more.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 27, 2009 02:33AM
What is this coil at Kellyco? Scroll down a bit... is it the same coil? Just curious. Thanks!

Rob

Fisher 5" DD Search Coil
(F75 and F70)
Cat# 12-coil5f75

[kellycodetectors.com]
February 27, 2009 01:57PM
Rob,

Yes, that's it.
thats the coil Rob, but they arent in stock...
February 27, 2009 06:30PM
Dealers are taking preorders for them, and that includes Kellyco.
first runs will probably be short....so if you want one fairly quick, I'd get one preordered......... dont know exactly when they will be shipping to dealers......
Re: the 5" isnt on the market yet Lowboy. cant buy em yet.
March 04, 2009 05:01PM
Would you be able to compare the 5" DD and 6.5 Elliptical side by side? I'd love to hear how they sound on various aluminum pull tabs, bottlecaps, foil, etc...
I gave my elliptical to a friend in Va last fall..........
March 04, 2009 06:40PM
I honestly didnt have much use for it. I dont think he uses it too much either.
Sooooooooooooooo, I cant give any side by sides. I CAN tell you the DD is "almost" as deep as the concentric...but not quite. What I found specifically was.......the DD does seem to be hotter on low conductors, and its lots easier to find those real little "hits" with this coil than it was with the elliptical. 22. bullets and brass hit real hard and crisp. It also seems to separate better than the big 11" coil, probably due to its diminuative size. I've had it back to a few sites where I'd virtually sanitized things (real small cellarhole type sites..with lots of iron debris), and done well with it. you can really ferrett out targets with this little coil. I found the 6.5" to be somewhat lacking in that respect. All in all......I'm quite please with it, and would positively recommend it to anyone that hunts heavily Fe infested sites. (Or trashy one for that matter.)
March 07, 2009 10:16AM
thanks again Streak!
these are really hot news for us detectorists struggling with and against
man made iron.....
Big coils are great but smaller coils are even greater......
trond