Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Omega 8000 info...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Omega 8000 info...
April 28, 2012 04:48PM
Thought I might prefer another ID unit for parks but played around with this unit and does have audio variances which can cut down the digging for gold rings versus the junk that mimics them on land in junky parks. Perhaps over the years developed a trained ear or just have God given talents or perhaps do enough testing to find them and have been laughed off more than one forum along this category but the Omega 8000 and will be my go to parks unit for my limited time in the field. Lets face it gold rings are just much heavier than the junk that mimics them and sure I can be fooled by a lead sinker or key and nothing is is 100 percent except a shovel but cutting down the odds is the way to go...
Re: Omega 8000 info...
April 28, 2012 08:29PM
Is that the Omega you had up for trade Dan?----Must have decided to keep it, huh?
April 28, 2012 09:03PM
Dan - The Omega is a great unit. I could have saved myself a lot of money to this day (and I don't make a lot) by not getting a V3i, E-Trac and now Deus. I only have the E-Trac and Deus now, but miss the Omegas light weight over the E-Tracs and being that I am more of a coin hunter, the Deus is a bit of overkill for me but I am looking forward to seeing what it brings.

I hit a 500 year old castle market place that I am pretty sure I'm the only person that hunted it. I have been through that spot extensively with my V3i and for 4 hours or so with the E-Trac. I found two hammered coins (low conductors) with the V3i at around 3" deep and NOTHING ELSE! I was actually shocked. I really though I'd find more and thought the E-Trac would find deeper coins I missed, but nada. I will go through that spot with the Deus next, but not planning to get anything deep, just co-located targets by iron. If I don't find any more, man, that Omega ghost will be with me for a while...

Good job Dave J., you have a great machine and look forward to what is up your sleeve,
Albert
April 28, 2012 09:52PM
Dan if it keeps you in the game i am all for it.
April 29, 2012 01:16AM
just found out whitey's m6 is not to be found at a new england distributor.
apparently whitey's "sleeping coin sniffer" has awakened!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 29, 2012 01:38AM
Yep decided to keep the Omega....thought I would be more comfortable with a Garrett as used many models over the years....Heck its super lightweight, runs on one nine volt for a long time, user friendly with a lot of features, ground grab, tones, notch, large screen for us oldtimers and thru experimentation has possibilities rel gold rings versus junk.

Certainly nothing against a Garrett as Charley makes a good unit and stands behind it but tried everything I know relative audio variances and to me a gold ring and the junk that mimics all sounds the same to me but they do like gold jewelry probably just behind Tesoro at least from my experience over many years and many units...

PS: I still have an older Explorer and may be heavy and ergonomically poor but certainly with proper adjustment of the armrest and front rod and a loose coil dragging over the ground to take up the weight certainly doable for a short hunt if I think a deep silver lurks....

I think my wife might be right and some day may be detecting from a converted golf cart rather than quit completely.....
April 29, 2012 01:45AM
dan! there's somethin' to be said for that!!
certainly sounds like an easier way to hunt!
perhaps at some point, get the little lady to dig
for ya?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 29, 2012 12:37PM
Man if you were married 48 years you wouldn't ask that last question...

For the record we had a fellow that could be seen in local parks using a golf cart for years. Actually was the State of Pa. crossbow champ until he came down with physical problems so where there is a will there is a way in many aspects of life.
April 29, 2012 03:04PM
I'll hop on Interstate 81 and come up and dig for you for a day once in a while. I get to pick your brain about detecting in return.
April 29, 2012 03:18PM
Goodmore drop me a line anytime.....certainly not up on the Deus or Blisstool but could probably help as over the years tried many and learned a lot and certainly info would be in laymans terms geared for the average guy or gal in the field....

Detectdan@msn.com
April 30, 2012 05:58AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man if you were married 48 years you wouldn't ask
> that last question...
>
> For the record we had a fellow that could be seen
> in local parks using a golf cart for years.
> Actually was the State of Pa. crossbow champ until
> he came down with physical problems so where there
> is a will there is a way in many aspects of life.

i agree dan! whatever it takes to keep ya in the game!

(h.h.!)
j.t.