Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Check out the Minelab website ---------- New detector coming in 48 Hour's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Check out the Minelab website ---------- New detector coming in 48 Hour's
May 02, 2012 04:12AM
New detector..

Hear it's wireless.

Getting interesting...

[www.minelab.com]

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 05:34AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Check out the Minelab website ---------- New detector coming in 48 Hour's
May 02, 2012 05:51AM
Is it a detector or the new pinpointer? I have one fear about this....that it might be the dubbed down GPX I wanted so bad and now I'm broke lol

BTW...BowTech Archery did this count down timer thing this year as well. It spawned tons of speculation on all the archery forums and the BowTech people were tight lipped about it. Well people actually stayed up til like 3 in the morning when the counter was to hit zero....to see what was coming. Only to find the counter revealed another future date when it was to be revealed....at an upcoming trade show over a month away. LOL there were a BUNCH of ticked off people.Evidently somebody in Minelab's marketing is an archer and has followed the marketing scheme of BowTech Archery with the countdown reveal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 06:25AM by Daniel Tn.
May 02, 2012 07:04AM
Ummm yeah......Minelab's marketing as usual...bottom of the barrel..... Strictly my opinion only.
May 02, 2012 10:22AM
Certainly hope it is a new e=trac that weighs 2.5 pounds or less and faster recovery time than the original, but still gets the deeep silver and ID's the same. Maybe even able to change the tones such as making the nickle hi tone if one chooses to. Probably not even a detector but the pinpointer.......oh well we will know soon.....
May 02, 2012 10:49AM
Going by the hints from Neil Jones (slow-n-low) on MInelabowners forum it's way better than the Etrac and really is the future of detecting, we'll soon see
keith
May 02, 2012 12:19PM
that is the best news i have seen in a very long time.......OMG.....a new heater - i like it
thanks

<")))))<>(
May 02, 2012 01:10PM
So many detectors so little time comes to mind....Indeed lighten the load and Sonny's ideas would have them selling like hotcakes..may have the best guts in the industry as is but
add some better ergonomics and lighten the load is the way to go....Gosh those fellows down under must all have arms like Popeye.....
May 02, 2012 01:33PM
It will cost $6K and take two people to swing it.
May 02, 2012 02:25PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It will cost $6K and take two people to swing it.

Ha... It will go atleast half inch deeper on a silver dime though. I'm guessing this countdown is for the pinpointer.
May 02, 2012 02:27PM
Maybe you can ride it, Deep Seeking ATV. With bucket shovel........
May 02, 2012 02:43PM
Does a high end, water proof Etrac sound good to you??---Could happen---we'll know for sure in a few hrs.
May 02, 2012 03:16PM
you can guarantee it will be a heavy beast, they dont know what lightness means .
i suspect a damp squib in the offing .
May 02, 2012 03:41PM
I just wonder with the Deus and the cost and a new Minelab maybe coming out why didn't Fisher/Tek take a slice of the pie sooner then maybe later. If we all spend our money on new toys some of us won't have the funds for the newest toy less they wait about a year or so????

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 02, 2012 04:01PM
Competition drives the prices down. Better to wait . Solo release will sell more at higher prices

Tom in SC
May 02, 2012 04:06PM
found this on another forum

quote>>

[www.ipo.gov.uk]
May 02, 2012 04:10PM
diggers Wrote:
> found this on another forum
>
> quote>>
>
> [www.ipo.gov.uk]
> pp=GB1121831.0

Interesting patent appication dated 2010 for improved target discrimination in mineralized soils from Minelab. I mean detectors are there business and it doesn' talk about the technology. But still interesting.

LOL Mike! eheheh We can call the detector "The Friendship Agenda" since it takes two.
May 02, 2012 04:28PM
Found this on another forum: [www.minelabowners.com]

Judging by the language it looks like a PI machine. You more knowledgeable folks care to have a gander at the small paragraph at the end of the only page?

Got this on another forum too:

Taken from a dealers website....so its defo a new general use detector

The latest top of the range general treasure hunting metal detector has been announced by Minelab. It is so top secret that what you see here is as much as we know. More details are to be released on May 4th.The new metal detector Minelab are hailing 'The Future of Discovery'

end quote

I love the "general treasue hunting metal detector" statement. Perhaps it isn't a pulse machine!!!

edit - And there is a new forum called "The future of Discovery" over on Minelab under "Metal Detectors"
[www.minelabowners.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 04:41PM by earthmansurfer.
May 02, 2012 05:59PM
I am pretty sure it's going to be wireless....what part dont know? maybe just headphone's? maybe coil and all?

would hopefully be a lighter etrac/explorer like this..

I know Minelab has learned alot about P.I.'s and are very interested in that technology...

it could be a discriminating P.I.? or maybe a hybrid P.I. /VLF?

But I am pretty sure from what I I have heard unless the info was wrong it's wireless..

it's say's the future of detecting..and I am sure wireless everything is the future in electronic's..

Keith
May 02, 2012 06:09PM
A 3 freq square wave multifreq where the operator can make adjustments to the waves peak frequency...

Wireless headphones and probably lighter.

[www.faqs.org]

??
May 02, 2012 06:13PM
If it is wireless... at least the coil I consider that a minus. If the technology is anything like the Deus the price of optional coils is ridiculous.
May 02, 2012 07:18PM
Good sleuth work Bjorn...

Might be the next X-terra...but with no need to buy new coils...just pay for it up front....Ill bet it's a costly machine ...Added some wireless headphone's..?

Heck we will know tomorrow night wont we!

I like seeing competition in detector manufacturing...but not the high cost....

You know they are cheaper to build than ever before but the cost keeps climbing...Guess we have to pay for the R&D...

I mean take a look at the DEUS...there's nothing there...A cell phone I'll bet could emulate a DEUS program and the remote could be done away with...Just buy a coil and bluetooth headphone's and away you go...

Amazing what they can do with electronic devices now days...but the cost for it is out the roof..

Keith
May 02, 2012 07:34PM
Always wonder about this 'lawyer speak' part.

"[0063] Although the invention has been herein shown and described in what is conceived to be the most practical and preferred embodiment, it is recognised that departures can be made within the scope of the invention, which is not to be limited to the details described herein but is to be accorded the full scope of the appended claims so as to embrace any and all equivalent devices and apparatus"

Explorer patents are starting to get long in the tooth. A lot of this patent seems like a rehash/regurgitation with only a couple of changes.
HH
Mike
May 02, 2012 07:37PM
In a few years we will walk around with vision glasses for screen and wireless dual coils in our shoes.

Only carrying a Lesche digger and what seems like dark glasses could end up with some funny stories in the parks... lol...
May 02, 2012 08:11PM
TerraDigger -- You can't deny one thing about their marketing strategy.....it created a crapload of interest and buzz on the forums. Now all eyes are on them. What else could you ask for about something that yesterday at this time, nobody knew anything about....and all that is known about it now is a countdown timer and rumors/speculation. We ain't even sure WHAT it is. Could be a detector. Could be a pinpointer. Could be something else. I've seen a ton of "wants" on people's wishlist for it. Some will probably be happy. Others will be disappointed. Some will love it. Others will hate it as soon as its revealed whatever it is WITHOUT even seeing one...they will start picking at it like a bunch of buzzards on a dead goat.

---------------

I personally would like it to be the lower cost pulse machine with iron disc. But that's just me. I care less about wireless junk....that just means more doodads to put batteries in and or to recharge and I hate that. All I want is something to handle iron, and go really deep in bad ground. Don't even want a meter on it. Weight matters not...unless you get into the 10+ pound range...then we start talking fatigue after a couple hrs. I ran a 15 pound weed trimmer for 2 1/2 hrs the other day and my arms were still jumping/twitching after I was through. Even if this detector weighed 1 pound, some would still complain about something on it...too heavy or too light (thus they swing it too fast). For those that only peck keyboards and their muscles have gone to mush, I guess 1 pound would be heavy smiling smiley
May 02, 2012 10:21PM
I want to see a combination Sovereign and Excalibur. More or less an All Terrain Sovereign. But it needs expanded iron discrimination. There was a mock up drawing done by a man named Crazyman over at finds a few years ago. He made a great looking detector.

I can't see any SE Pro or E Trac competition coming out. These detectors still sell. Wireless? After using and owning the Deus I can honestly say I never bought the Deus for that feature. To be honest i think it is a gimmick. And there are some good coils out there that nobody wants to replace.

Pulse or water unit. That's my guess or guesses.
May 02, 2012 10:44PM
Yeah, the wireless part of the Deus is not what drew me too it. It was it's ability to unmask. The re-charging of three components (coil, headphones, little box) is kind of aggravating, but not much. I will say this. After using the Deus for a couple of hours on a particular day, I durn sure will give it a full charge before going out again because I might stay out for a few hours and I don't want to run low. But if ya want a detector that is the best at unmasking....(IMHO) get the Deus. (sorry for the hijack)
May 02, 2012 10:51PM
Haha,thats funny Daniel. Yep,I swung a sovereign on srock pole with sid 12 inch sunray coil,sunray mwter and s-1 probe for 10 years. I didnt consider it too heavy for parks,but was a bitch if ya relic hunt tall grassy hills
No office here,construction for 25 years.lol
May 02, 2012 11:27PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I just wonder with the Deus and the cost and a new
> Minelab maybe coming out why didn't Fisher/Tek
> take a slice of the pie sooner then maybe later.
> If we all spend our money on new toys some of us
> won't have the funds for the newest toy less they
> wait about a year or so????

excellent point! well taken!
it would appear the boys
in texas "may" be getting trumped!
introduction can be critical in this industry.
potentially,a lot of money can "chase" the wrong product,
and the well runs dry.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 02, 2012 11:37PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Good sleuth work Bjorn...
>
> Might be the next X-terra...but with no need to
> buy new coils...just pay for it up front....Ill
> bet it's a costly machine ...Added some wireless
> headphone's..?
>
> Heck we will know tomorrow night wont we!
>
> I like seeing competition in detector
> manufacturing...but not the high cost....
>
> You know they are cheaper to build than ever
> before but the cost keeps climbing...Guess we have
> to pay for the R&D...
>
> I mean take a look at the DEUS...there's nothing
> there...A cell phone I'll bet could emulate a DEUS
> program and the remote could be done away
> with...Just buy a coil and bluetooth headphone's
> and away you go...
>
> Amazing what they can do with electronic devices
> now days...but the cost for it is out the roof..
>
> Keith

if they are going to charge that kind of money,
then they damn well better have a "performance edge"
that no other manufacturer has to justify the price,and from
what i am reading,i 'm not seeing that!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 03, 2012 12:15AM
I'm shocked! I thought they would have lived off the E-trac for another year or two? It is such an awesome machine. Come on Fisher know it's your turn! If you can come out with an updated CZ-3D we will be dancing in the streets!