Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Check out the Minelab website ---------- New detector coming in 48 Hour's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Check out the Minelab website ---------- New detector coming in 48 Hour's
May 04, 2012 03:23AM
that thing looks like it wieghs 10 pounds!!!!!!!! cant wait for the real details. if its $2500.00 it will be a very long time before i can afford one.
May 04, 2012 03:41AM
I just read it weighs 5 pounds 3 ounces! That ruins it. Minelab and their bloated detectors.
The website says "You'll be blown away" Well I for one am blown away by this pig's weight. smiling smiley
Is that a two-stroke?

Does it have a saw attachment?
May 04, 2012 05:18AM
TheOtherLeggoHead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that a two-stroke?
>
> Does it have a saw attachment?

Hey, it does kinda look like our Toro (I said TORO) weed whacker! ha ha-----I think that one is going to prove out to be a pretty heavy mamma!---Hope it's got good balance.
May 04, 2012 09:03AM
i knew it, those aussies dont have a clue about reducing weight and ergonomics .
a damp squib that only fools will buy.
how can they be so clueless ? you need to be pretty dumb to ignore users comments year after year .
XP deus can rest on its laurels for the near future
May 04, 2012 09:12AM
New Minelab=5#3oz (start pumping iron if you jump on the bandwagon and buy one)
XP Deus=2#4oz

The Deus is LESS THAN HALF THE WEIGHT!!!
May 04, 2012 09:14AM
Does Minelab realize lots of us are over 55 years old and/or are not gorillas? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 09:16AM by Lipservice.
May 04, 2012 09:27AM
Lipservice Wrote:
> New Minelab=5#3oz (start pumping iron if you jump
> on the bandwagon and buy one)
> XP Deus=2#4oz
>
> The Deus is LESS THAN HALF THE WEIGHT!!!

What a bad nightmare from Minelab. After all the people with elbow issues CAUSED by some of the FBS machines as well as the complaints due to backs, how in the world could they do this.
What a HUGE dissapointment...
May 04, 2012 09:53AM
With it being a water machine...you guys realize the lighter the machine, the harder it is to swing in water? I think this machine will be the door in which your lighter weight/faster land machine will come through. Maybe this machine is a replacement for the Excalibur and addressed all the issues people had with it. It has been a long time since anybody has came out with a water machine that can handle mineralized salt beaches...the price is what's killer for it. BUT for a freshwater or saltwater hunter who has the right spots....it could easily pay for itself. The Excalibur II wasn't cheap and EVERYBODY complained about how bad balanced it was and the stock headphones were horrible....most people had an additional $500-$1k in their Excalibur after modifying them...so that puts this new machine in that price bracket without having to memorize 100 tone pitches.

I say there will be a lighter land version before long. They just wanted this one out in time for the start of water hunting season.
May 04, 2012 12:00PM
Looks like a combination of their heavy PIs and an ET. Must be their answer to the AT PRO. Who needs a screen on the beach? I wonder how that pro coil will do in the water? I know when they first came out there were all kinds of scream heard about them catching everything..... but we learned to live with it didnt we? See guys thats what you get for complaining about how poorly and cheap the Xcals were made. They sure thru the ability to hip mount or straight shaft it out the window.

Dew
May 04, 2012 12:24PM
I figured a Dues/Explorer clone a number of days ago. Just saw the beast, first thought Minelab is getting into the landscaping business. I weedwacker disguised as a metal detector.. Wonder if the target tones are a combination of Toro, Echo, Fuji, Husky, Sthil, Poulon, etc.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Man that sure blows away my price and weight theory
May 04, 2012 12:40PM
Three pounds

$900.00
Tri
May 04, 2012 01:17PM
Hey Guys,.......if you wanna peruse some very interesting data......first check out the video and notice the Minelab CTX3030...has four primary proprietary functions that are listed in the video.....

FBS2

SMARTFIND2

GPSi

WiStream

but if you really want to search the patents that Bruce Candy has invented.......you will quickly see he has been a VERY BUSY MAN......

Check out the patent link with his latest patent dated 21 Dec 2011, and notice that YOU CAN click on the links to get info about each individual patent.

VERY INTERESTING.........

Bruce Candy patent links: ( [worldwide.espacenet.com] )

Tri
maybe
May 04, 2012 06:57PM
minelab will incorporate the fbs2 and smartfind2 into a liteweight etrac type land machine? Most water machines are heavier than land machines.... weighted coils, heavier housings.
Re: maybe
May 04, 2012 08:07PM
This is no dedicated water machine. Nobody is going to buy this and then down the road buy a much cheaper slimmed down version.

If you buy this detector you have the Excalibur, Sovereign GT, E Trac, Se Pro and Safari all rolled into one.

But the question remains about performance. What is FBS2? How is the recovery speed? Although I doubt this detector will take away Deus buyers. Two very different detectors.

Is the performance good enough to call this detector your go to machine for everything for the next 5 to 7 years? Bells and whistles it will have. Does it make me sell the E Trac because of performance? That is the question that E Trac owners are asking themselves. As I stated in a few posts already: I have enough depth in the dirt. More in the wet sand would be nice. I have good enogh discrimination. Unless it can tell aluminum from gold. I would like quicker recovery. Can they speed up FBS? I bet not to Deus speed.

I appreciate Minelab letting people on the fence know that something is coming down the road. But this countdown turned into wait for more info is laughable. Release a spec sheet already.
May 04, 2012 08:37PM
goodmore...

Excellent thoughts. I really agree, though not sure if you really have an Excal, Sov, E-Trac, SE Pro, and Safari all in one, with this machine. Do we know enough yet to say that? It would be cool...

But I agree with you; the current FBS units are DEEP, and I LOVE the way they sniff out silver in what I consider an unparalleled way. One thing about depth; if these new units ARE alot deeper, especially in tough soil, then a by-product of that would likely be improved ID with depth -- such that while you may not want to dig a hole deeper than 12", if you got good enough ID to have a solid idea of what you were detecting at 12" (as you currently do at 6 to 8"), that would be impressive. Not just more depth, but more "effective" depth...

Steve
May 04, 2012 09:07PM
I expect FBS2 to be better able to reduce ground signal, allowing greater discrimination depth, probably for a wider range of target resonant frequencies than its predecessor.
May 04, 2012 09:53PM
And maybe....I love speculation, fancy word for gossip.......they addressed the pitiful recovery time of the E-Trac technology.
May 04, 2012 11:03PM
TerraDigger Wrote:
> And maybe....I love speculation, fancy word for
> gossip.......they addressed the pitiful recovery
> time of the E-Trac technology.

That would be a giant step in the right direction.
May 04, 2012 11:54PM
steveg Wrote:
> goodmore...
>
> Excellent thoughts. I really agree, though not
> sure if you really have an Excal, Sov, E-Trac, SE
> Pro, and Safari all in one, with this machine. Do
> we know enough yet to say that? It would be
> cool...
>
> But I agree with you; the current FBS units are
> DEEP, and I LOVE the way they sniff out silver in
> what I consider an unparalleled way. One thing
> about depth; if these new units ARE alot deeper,
> especially in tough soil, then a by-product of
> that would likely be improved ID with depth --
> such that while you may not want to dig a hole
> deeper than 12", if you got good enough ID to have
> a solid idea of what you were detecting at 12" (as
> you currently do at 6 to 8"), that would be
> impressive. Not just more depth, but more
> "effective" depth...
>
> Steve

i agree! 'effective" depth is the objective,an "admirable"
pursuit!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 05, 2012 12:09AM
I like the hipmount idea. Why don't they????? White's did it with their older heavy units, like the 6000Di Series 3. Google a image of the White's. I owned one. It was a true joy to use in that type of configuration. Deus does it. It would solve the one big major gripe of Minelabs. Weighty units. They would sell like crazy.
I am looking for work. I wish one of these mfg's would hire me or Tom D....lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2012 12:21AM by TerraDigger.
May 05, 2012 12:51PM
goodmore Wrote:
> TerraDigger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And maybe....I love speculation, fancy word for
> > gossip.......they addressed the pitiful
> recovery
> > time of the E-Trac technology.
>
>
> That would be a giant step in the right direction.

It certainly would. It seems the E-Trac was limited by both the processor they used but more importantly their time domain (or whatever it's called) technology. Hopefully with the newer and blazingly fast processors they were able to get over the hurdle both physically and technically with how the software processes the signals. There are often ways around limitations, even those that seemed pretty impossible just a few years ago.
May 05, 2012 01:17PM
Perhaps they are not only going to make it one of the BEST silver machines..... but with potention for small gold targets on the beach and in the back country. I dont want a combination of those machines.... id rather have a combination of a gold machine and water machine.... that still finds silver. Call me greedy but i have to pay for it some way.

Dew
May 08, 2012 01:32AM
Why did ML designate this detector as CTX?

Does CTX mean anything? "Continuous Transmission", "Can't Trade or X-change", "Careful Tis Xtra-heavy"?

Why 3030? Is that the suggested retail cost in Aussy dollars? Could be the weight in grams (6.6lbs)? Or is it like Science Fiction Theater 3000, just a big wierd meaningless number.

Would it have been that hard to call it the E-Trac 2?

Waterproof? But to only 10 feet. So, not really.
Wireless? But only via wireless transmitter. So, not really.
Balanced? But still heavier than its already unsuitabley heavy predecessor. So, no.
Free of cables? But can you attach sunray probes? Probably not. So, not helpful.
Competively priced? Suggested retail at $2,500. Probably not. So, not really.
Color screen? But drains battery requiring a heavier pack. Not really hepful.
GPS? But drains battery further and faster. Still not helpful.

At least with the GPS you can precisely track the coordinates where your arm falls off. You can pinpoint where the wireless transmitter got wet and stopped working.

The only thing to save this beast is if the SMARTFIND display and FBS2 provides unparalleled real-world performance enhancements. Otherwise, I'd surmise the MD Titanic has set sail.
May 08, 2012 02:22AM
JohnnyA/Anyone, are lithium polymer batteries significantly heavier than NiMH. Perhaps these are being used, and more of them, due to the significant power requirements and its adding to the weight of the machine.
I'm a little under the weather today and don't feel like researching LiPO/NiMH battery weightssmiling smiley
"Waterproof? But to only 10 feet. So, not really.
Wireless? But only via wireless transmitter. So, not really.
Balanced? But still heavier than its already unsuitabley heavy predecessor. So, no.
Free of cables? But can you attach sunray probes? Probably not. So, not helpful.
Competively priced? Suggested retail at $2,500. Probably not. So, not really.
Color screen? But drains battery requiring a heavier pack. Not really hepful.
GPS? But drains battery further and faster. Still not helpful."

ID's silver dimes two inches deeper than Etrac......
See through iron better than Deus/F75SE.......
How do you live without one?
May 08, 2012 03:59PM
Johnnyanglo...

You said...

At least with the GPS you can precisely track the coordinates where your arm falls off.

...which, to me, is without a doubt the FUNNIEST thing I've read in a long time! smiling smiley That was hilarious! LOL!

Steve
May 08, 2012 05:41PM
steveg Wrote:
> Johnnyanglo...
>
> You said...
>
> At least with the GPS you can precisely track the
> coordinates where your arm falls off.
>
> ...which, to me, is without a doubt the FUNNIEST
> thing I've read in a long time! smiling smiley That was
> hilarious! LOL!
>
> Steve

LOL, for some reason I missed that. So, you can upload the chart on googlemaps and share it with others - "This is where the pain started... This is where the first cracking sounds were heard... This is where I screamed in pain... The ambulance picked me up here..." eheheh
I'm hoping for a perfectly balanced machine though, so I am praying otherwise!
Tri
DID ANYBODY KNOW THIS ?
May 10, 2012 03:47AM
Firstly,....CODAN corporation......a very large and diverse company that seems to cater to mainly military communications type equipment..acquired MINELAB CORP. and its subsidiary Parketronics in 2008 ? check it out.......( [www.codan.com.au] )

And they have minelab manufacturing, distribution and customer service operations in Adelaide (Australia), Cork (Ireland) and Las Vegas......

Peter Charlesworth was appointed General Manager of the subsidiary Minelab Electronics Pty. Ltd., in 2008 following the Codan acquisition of Minelab that same year........( [www.codan.com.au] )

Even more interesting is their current stock share prices are currently at $1.410 -0.055 (-3.75%)
Last Trade Time:
11:18pm 5/10/2012 ( [www.codan.com.au]# )

Wonder how their shares will do.......after the release of the new ctx3030 ?

Seems this company has its roots in military equipment.......war is good for their busioness.....many military applications have been successfully transferred and used for civilian use.......
Re: DID ANYBODY KNOW THIS ?
May 10, 2012 11:27AM
Tri...... good reminder. . . . . especially now......... although I posted this a few years ago.