Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom, is the CZ3D as deep as the F75 in most places?

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom, is the CZ3D as deep as the F75 in most places?
August 21, 2007 01:50PM
What do you mean when you say this: "CZ-3D has many 'human intelligence' advantages over T2/F75.... but certainly not in iron".?

Would you choose the 3D over the 75 in places that are not so badly infested with nails and hot rocks? I think the biggest problem around here is the ground itself. I am sure you have hunted in NW GA, but we have the worst of the worst here. In Bartow county/Cartersville there were many iron blast furnaces in the 19th century, the hills are full of iron ore. I can usually tell a nail from the double beep and many older yards are not so bad, if they are not on a hilltop.

So, what about the depth; what about old coins; what are the "real world" differences between the F75 and the CZ3D? Is the 3d well balanced?

Thanks Tom,

Julien
Cz 3D vs F 75
August 21, 2007 08:02PM
jbow, there is a post on page 2 " Cz 3D vs F 75 " wich has some good info.
Re: Cz 3D vs F 75
August 21, 2007 09:11PM
Thanks, I was kinda thinking via the keyboard, trying to decide. For some reason I cannot get the CZ3D out of my mind. I know how good the T2 is. I got mine last summer in prep for the 2006 GNRS hunt and used it exclusively for several months so I would know it. If the F75 is really a good bit better, it is an awesome machine. However, I need to know more about 3D as far as a coinshooter, I will probably stay with the T2 and the Tejon for relic hunting, until I get an F75...

I guess I am still hesitant because of the negative reviews I have heard on the 3D, but those were mostly from relic hunters and people who used it once or twice and didn't like it.

I will read the post, I probably already did but i'll read it again, and thanks!

Julien
August 21, 2007 09:26PM
Thanks, I re-read it and it does answer my question. I am more uncertain than ever about which machine to buy. I want both of them. I saw that NTom wrote that the Explorer lead's the pack in really nasty ground, that make's me wonder if I should be trying to use my SovereignGT a little more on this particulary bad site I hunt. I just really hate to swing that slow but I am going to try it some more.
Maybe I need to buy an F75 and a used CZ3D.

I sure do wish that this heat would break.

Thanks for the help, I am going to read through every post, this is about the only place to get any good info on the 3D and the 75.

One more thing, Tom mentioned an "old coins" setting for the T2, which setting is this? Do you know? I'll read through and see if I can find it.

Thanks,

J
August 21, 2007 10:42PM
Julien,

A short answer (I'm very low on time). The Explorer is the trump ticket in your dark red clay. Hands down! Yes, It's a slow machine.... but will have MUCH better depth .... do to your extenuating circumstances (severe dirt).... and the Explorer is several times better then the Sov GT in your red lateritic iron clay soil.
---Time permitting.... I'll answer more if you have more questions.

Tom
Old coin setting on T2.
August 22, 2007 03:38PM
Jbow,

Use 4-tones for old coin setting. See manual, page 14.

Linwood
Re: Old coin setting on T2.
August 24, 2007 01:01PM
Thanks, I re-read my manual day before yesterday and there were a couple of things that i had missed or forgetten about. Probably because I was in a hurry to start using it when I got it. I have put it in my truck and am using the tips in the manual ata place I know that is infested with "Bud Light" bottle caps. I know there has got to be some coinage in and among the caps. I only had a few minutes yesterday there but I did some of the tricks on a target that was repeatable even on 3b. I did the angle thing, circled with the tip of the coil and checked it in DP. I finally dug it and it was a 1" square of aluminum construction trash from a window frame... BUT it was not a bottle cap, so I was happy about that!

Thanks,

Julien
Re: Old coin setting on T2.
August 24, 2007 10:59PM
Once you learn the nuances (as with any unit).... it'll save you a BUNCH of time.... and your time-contingent good-target vs. bad-target RATIO will substantially improve.