Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BRAND loyal please

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
BRAND loyal please
May 05, 2012 12:05PM
post your name if you consider yourself to be brand loyal. I try not to be but since using the e-trac have done better in the same hunted out places so I think I might be a little brand loyal. Hope not though. I can think of a couple of people on this forum that I think are also brand loyal, maybe not, but it seems they are. Just post and say yes or no think it over before you post an answer ...HH
Re: BRAND loyal please
May 05, 2012 12:53PM
No tried all the brands and of course plus and minus in any unit.

Imagine some are brand loyal for many reasons but whatever works comes to mind...Should be an interesting thread.....
May 05, 2012 01:01PM
Nope
May 05, 2012 01:04PM
How do you know what you are missing if you havent tried another brand. The turm dont knock it till you try it comes to mind. You really do have to know what you want to hunt.... then try to match the machine to your expetations.

Dew
May 05, 2012 01:17PM
Definitely not brand loyal but at the same time their are features, sounds, balance and ergonomic issues, etc. that certain machines offer that we like to come back to. In that regard I like the E-Trac and Teknetics but if a no name came out and gave me what I wanted, I'd jump ship.

Being a visual person I find the E-Trac's screen to give lots of information but also love the sounds and find them descriptive. I do think as technology progresses, the more data points one has the more potential information one has also. We have to remind ourselves that this is a fun hobby too and not just about results.
May 05, 2012 01:27PM
Yes, i am brand loyale...

I am loyal to truth and my finds pouch and the company i work with... wich is jotul
May 05, 2012 03:31PM
Nope---Use what works for me!
May 05, 2012 06:18PM
Not really, but I own 2 Fishers.

Frnifo, jotul wood stoves? I have one, nice unit.
May 05, 2012 06:38PM
Over the 30 or so years of detecting as a hobby, Ive become somewhat brand loyal to Minelab, to a point.. They have given me some of the best results, and their machines are a good fit for me.Having said that, I bought a ATPro this past winter, because it will be a great water unit for me.Did not want to spend 3x the price for an excal. So brand loyal, until it comes to my wallet, then........ Maybe brand partial is a better term. Bottom line, is it affordable, and a pleasure to use?
May 05, 2012 07:33PM
I don't know if I'm brand loyal,But out of all the Detectors I have tried through the years the only 2 I really love and not just liked are the E-trac and CZ-3D. I don't see myself Detecting with out one of these Detectors.
May 06, 2012 01:34PM
Not a chance, whom ever has the best unit at the best price.
May 06, 2012 03:03PM
I've tried 5 different brands, I'm OUT
May 06, 2012 04:05PM
No, I'm not brand loyal. Why? It would seriously handicap me. Whoever makes the best unmasking detector gets my money. Depth is not as much my adversary as is square nails. The unit that pulls non-ferrous items from the iron gets my debit card: number, expiration date, and three little digits on the back.
May 06, 2012 04:33PM
Nope.

Just so it does exactly what it is suppose to do and represents a good value to me.
I'm never going to own more than 3 units and will avoid paying more than $1,000 for
any one unit. Rather make an extra house pymt.

I am relatively new and my hunting preferences are still evolving.

My immed. area does not offer much in the way of relics so I am forced to be focused
on coins and jewelry.

To me a merc. dime would represent a major milestone. Ain't that a bite.
May 06, 2012 06:16PM
I'm starting to wonder. If someone is truly brand loyal, would they even be posting here? ehehe
May 07, 2012 02:27PM
I am cool find loyal. he he he...

So far I've tried 3 different brands and i am sure I will try many more...

Pinpoint twice, dig once
May 08, 2012 12:00AM
I think I might be brand loyal. 3 Detectors 3 Fishers. Every dollar counts and I try to make the most of my purchase. I don't need the most expensive detector, I don't need the most gadgets on my detector. I don't need GPS or wireless headphones. I try to get the most reasonably priced detector that gives me the ability to compete with the professionals who spend unlimited dollars on their machines. My 1265x was purchased new in '85 and it kept me in the ball game until I picked up my F70 in 2009. In the past few months I have moved into water hunting and I never really checked out anything but the CZ-21. It was a brand loyal buy.

Now I am watching the CTX3030 with interest. Obviously not my brand but it will probably be much better than my F70 than I would like it to be. But the cost of it! How many silver dimes will it take to pay for the rumored $2500ish price? Silvers going for about 20 times face so a guy needs to find over 1200 dimes just to break even. Heck even a '16D mercury dime won't pay for half of it. My F70 has given me close to 200 silver dimes. The two fairgrounds I frequent haven't given up 1200 dimes to all my Minelab competitors and me combined in the past five years. I hope the rumored Fisher unit later this year is priced right and can compete against the new Minelab.
May 10, 2012 09:25PM
I bought a few Minelab machines , and then sold a few of them , and kept the E Trac .......When Minelab came to America and built units that were not as dependable , and then celebrated by raising the price on all their machines , I stopped buying their product ....... I then went to other manuafacturers machines and I'm glad I did ...... ML's greed actually worked in my favor !!......NOT brand loyal .....Jim
May 11, 2012 01:47PM
Not Loyal - had Whites - Now Minelab - and would not mind a Fisher in my closet. I will add that customer service or the lack of it could make me un loyal to a particular brand. But as far as i can tell most are ok, and some are very good.

If money was no object I would have a lot of different detectors. Variety is the spice of life they say.
May 11, 2012 07:02PM
Before the advent of the Internet....brand loyalty was rampant. Nu'ff said.