Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Great Day Today

Posted by glenn63 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Great Day Today
March 06, 2009 02:50AM
Tom and I spent the day at our latest "new" site. Had a blast recovering history!
Take a look!
[www.thetreasuredepot.com]
Re: Great Day Today
March 06, 2009 06:41AM
Great day of hunting now I have to see what I can find this weekend!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Great Day Today
March 07, 2009 04:18PM
This brings up a critical point-of-intelligence that I need to share/disseminate. Something that I automatically perform on a subconscious level..... and never think to share (sometimes I be assume too much). Whilst hunting this large open field Fort site, I was aware that activity took place in two timeframe/periods/era there. One was Dec 1849 to Aug 1850. The other area was from 1869-1872. It was almost immediately evident as to which area of this field .... vs. another hot-spot/section of this same field.... as to which area belonged to which timeframe/era. In one location.... the carpet of nails Disc'd out at a setting of '5'. In the other area, the carpet of nails Disc'd out at a setting of '2'. Logic dictates that the specific area where the nails were more heavily decomposed (almost gone)..... would be the 1849-1850 traffic/site. This is somewhat of a form of 'reverse engineering' of the sites you hunt..... by learning the status of HOW decomposed the iron nails have become. Yes, acidic content of the soil plays a large role, but, in general, this is a good rule-of-thumb. You can tell the age of an area by the decomposition status of the iron you are detecting. Use this tool!

Thomas J. Dankowski