Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The new detector for couples...

Posted by marcomo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The new detector for couples...
May 11, 2012 03:57AM
Sorry to go off course a little, but the psychology of sales and marketing has always interested me.

Anybody else notice the marketing strategy by Minelab, using an attractive young (but not too young) couple to promote the 3030?

Wonder where the 30-second commercial will air? Their commercial is highlighting a different detecting demographic, one that hasn't particularly been marketed to in the past.

Detecting as a fun, cool thing to do...a handsome couple enjoying detecting together...a lot different than the detecting stereotype perceived by much of the general public.

It sounds like a spiffy machine, with some features that sound positive or have the potential to be positive.

A lot of marketing teases and gimmicks and a whole lot of sizzle.

Wonder when we'll see the steak?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2012 04:06AM by marcomo.
Re: The new detector for couples...
May 11, 2012 05:39AM
Most detectorists I have encounterd are not pretty or handsome...including me.....lol
May 11, 2012 06:01AM
hey! hey! i beg to differ! i look like adonis!
at least i do in my own mind! he! ehe! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 11, 2012 06:06AM
JMary...I saw your bodybuilder pic on FMall...your awesomesmiling smiley
May 11, 2012 06:45AM
terra! i ain't on there anymore!
seems the "guv" and me had a slight
"'contradiction in terms!" (lol!) he he he!
man wears a 'big boot" " from what i hear!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 11, 2012 10:26AM
Some of you guys have a way with figuring out this scientific detector technology...something that I can't do. But some were born with super brains and some were born with super good looks....I'm glad the smart ones are holding up their end ;-)
May 11, 2012 02:16PM
Just like in sports not how but how many..

Don't have to be good looking to be a good detectorists. And for you scientific guys Albert Einstein wasn't pretty just pretty smart....
May 11, 2012 08:46PM
They do show a couple detecting, but you go to treasure talk on their website and they have a lot of men who will be commenting on the detector but not a single women in site. I know I am not the only female that likes the hobby in fact I know there is a least one other on this site alone. So if they truly want to go after a different demographic they need to get that demographic envolved. I was going to add they need some younger people as well but there is a least one person on the treasure talk site that appears somewhat younger. So add some female input and maybe through in a couple and a teenager

Bryanna